Chapter 4

(Picture of Mia)

Hello guys. Thank you for reading. I hope you like this story sofar and you will enjoy this chapter too.

Chapter 4

"So that's all what happened." I said to Mia as I explained her what happened last night.

"I am really sorry Mia I caused you such problems." I said apologizing.

"Don't worry. You just wanted to help me. And even I would probably lost my temper if that happened to me. And I would have lost the job for sure." she replied making me feel better.

"How are you feeling by the way?" I asked her as I remembered her sickness.

"I am better. I still don't feel hundred percent well, but better. At least I don't throw up. But tonight I will be going to work." she said

"Well hopefully you will not mess up like me." I said as I stand up from my bed and went to the kitchen as she was right behind me.

"I will not." she laughed as she sat down on the chair behind kitchen bar. 

"How did that guy look like?" she asked me curiously.

I was taking eggs and vegetables from fridge to make our breakfast. I liked to cook. I learned it from my abuela. When Mia was home I would always make a breakfast for both of us. It wasn't that often, because we barely see each other because of our work schedules. When I am at work she is at home and when I am at home she is at work. So when we are finally together after a long time we make a food and chat what happened while we didn't see each other. I am glad my roommate is also my friend. 

 "Was he at least hot?" she continued interviewing me.

"Really? Even if he was, he was a jerk." I replied smashing the egg on the edge of pan and spread it on it. 

"Oh he was hot." She said smiling. I didn't replied at that and I continued with my cooking. But I must admit at least to myself. He was hot. Very much. 

"You know what, I will ask Jenny. She will tell me everything. You don't remember his name?" she asked as I was slicing tomatoes.

"No. He didn't introduced himself. But the manager said he was a really important customer." I said and I remembered it looked like he bowed his head to him. But I wasn't so sure about it.

"I think I know. Was he blond? Because there is one who is regular, and he is kind of pervert." she said.

"No, this one had black hair. He was tall. Funny, I think I saw him somewhere but I can't remember where." I replied trying to remember.

 "Maybe he is famous. An actor?" She asked excitedly.

"Maybe." I replied. 

We spent the Saturday morning chatting about her new fling. She makes every relationship serious even if it lasts only for two days. I always end up comforting her with ice cream and chocolate and reassuring her that she will find THE ONE.

 In the afternoon I went for a run into a park. I love running. It gives my mind peace. And there is finally sunny out here in London. I miss sunny days in Spain. I love sun. That is why I chose UK to hide. He wouldn't look for me here.

While I was running I saw telephone booth.  I miss my big brother and I should call him. I didn't talked to him for a long time so I stopped and looked into my pockets for coins. I found a few. That should be enough. I dialed his number and excitedly waited for him to pick it up.

 "Hola. Soy Gael. Con quien hablo? " I heard his voice. Gosh I miss him.

"Soy yo" I said to him excitedly.

"Eva?" I heard him laugh.

"Si". I replied.

"How are you? Are you ok?" he asked little worried.

"Si, I am ok. Don't worry. I am doing really well. But I miss you Gael. I miss you and abuela. How are you two?" I asked and felt my eyes watering. I miss them so much.

"We are good. I found a new job. I work for Pedro in his car service. I like it there." he said excitedly.

 "That is great." I smiled as I remembered how he loved cars and as a kid he would always demount his toys.

"And abuela? Is she alright? How is she feeling?" I asked him about our grandma. She took care of us when our parents died when we were kids. I was ten and Gael was thirteen. She practically raised us.

"She is fine. Doctor said that her diabetes is under control but she still has to inject insulin." he answered. 

"Say hi to her and that I love her and miss her." I said.

"Yes I will." he replied.

"Escúchame." he said suddenly seriously.

"Si?" I replied little worried.

"Some men were looking for you in the village. They stopped me and asked me about you. They wanted to know where you are."

"What? Did you told them something?" I asked as cold sweat crossed my back.

 "No. I didn't you never told me where you are. And it is for best."

"Do you know something about him?" I asked.

"No news. As I know he is still behind the bars. But he has some plan when he send those guys." he said with worries in his voice.

"Be careful ok? Stay where you are." he pleased me.

"Ok. Gael I have to go. Please take care of yourself and abuela."

 "Si, don't worry and be careful. Remember we love you."

"I love you too guys." I replied.

"Bye."

"Bye".

As I put the phone down the fear spread to all of my body. My hands started to shake.  I knew this moment would come. That he would want to find me.  But I didn't expect it so soon. Now I have to be more careful. I can't call them anymore. What if they are tracing their phone? No. I have to be careful. Even for their good. I have to protect them.

In that moment my cell phone rang. I jumped in surprise as I was lost in my thoughts. It was hospital. "Hello?"

 "Doctor Cruz, here is doctor Williams. I have a favor to ask. Would you mind if you went tomorrow to work instead of me? I have some family emergency tomorrow and I know that you didn't have a free weekend for the past 5 weeks, but I already called everyone and you are the last one who remained nobody can go tomorrow. It would really help me if you could go instead of me."

"Ok, sure." I replied.

I don't mind to go to work. At least I will not think about what is going on in Spain.

 "Thank you very much. I owe you big time. My daughter has a piano concert and forgot about it. I already missed her previous concert and she wouldn't forgive me for missing this one as well." She said relieved. I smiled. I know her daughter and she would be really upset.

"Sure. No problem. Have a great time and say hi to Lorry."

  © rory256  All Rights Reserved

Thank you for reading. If you liked it please vote and let mi know what you think in the comments. Thank you.