When Darkness Falls

The plan was to get ready on their own and meet up at Ethel's

    The plan was to get ready on their own and meet up at Ethel's. Margo's stomach was twisted into knots when she hurried down the staircase. She knew what she'd have to wear to get Chuck's attention, but knew that if she wore anything like it in her house, Wilson wouldn't let her leave for years. Dressed in sweatpants and an overlarge sweatshirt, Margo speed walked to the door.

   "Where are you going?" She whirled around to find Mitch leaning against the wall. "I'm guessing it's not the Taste of Riverdale."

   "Out," she said with a breezy smile. "Tell Wilson that I'm sleeping over at Betty's, okay?"

   "I know you're up to something, Margaret. Would you like to tell me or do you want me to tell Wilson?" Margo's eyes narrowed at her brother, not believing that he would actually do that. "Wil-" he began, and Margo snapped her hand over his mouth.

   "Listen, I can't tell you, but I need you to trust me. I'll tell you later." Margo looked at Mitch with pleading eyes and he sighed.

   "Stay safe, okay, Marg?" She saw worry in her brother's eyes and she smiled, in what she hoped was encouraging, but truthfully, she needed some encouraging. 

   "Course, Mitch." She heard Wilson begin to move down stairs and ran out the door before she was held up any more.

   She biked to Ethel's, as it wasn't far away. The pool house was steamy and Margo moved quickly so Chuck wouldn't see her. Both Betty and Veronica were there, and Margo could see the stress on both of their faces. Neither had ever had to pull off what they were trying to do. Veronica was already in her bathing suit, but Betty had yet to change.

   "Get changed," Veronica hissed and Margo went into the bathroom to do so. She hated her outfit, and she hated wearing if for Chuck, but she knew she had to be believable if Chuck were to buy the act. 

   Only slightly after Margo was ready, Chuck's shadow appeared. Betty slid into the bathroom and Margo and Veronica went to the door.

   "You're not Betty," he said as soon as Veronica pulled the door open. "And neither are you."

   "Betty and I talked it over, and we decided it's time to stop fighting over Archie, and start learning to share." Chuck's signature grin formed and Margo wanted to puke.

   What about you?" He pointed his attention on Margo. She swallowed her pride and everything else which made her a self-respecting woman.

   "I may not have been ready for you last year, but now. Well, now I want to make up what I missed. I'm sure you've been with two girls, but imagine your reputation after being with three." Margo was surprised that Chuck wasn't suspicious, given how the three basically attacked him the day before, but Margo could see the saliva pooling in his mouth and knew that he was only thinking about one thing. 

   "Nice," he said, after entering the pool house. Steam was rising from the pool and music was playing from hidden speakers.

   "Isn't it?" Veronica responded. Margo decided not to talk, as she would blow their cover. "I gets very, very hot." She dropped the shall covering her bathing suit. "Come on. Let's get wet." Both girls went into the hot tub, and Margo had to take a minute to fully appreciate how great the hot tub was.