ch.1: Ocean Blue Eyes

Hi, I'm Aito. I'm a 24 year old man living with a 20 year old student, and we're not related. Now I know that sounds very strange, but there is a reason for all of this.

So first of all I was his old neighbor of his from a while back. We first met in the elevator when I was moving in. I was about 16 at the time...
*flashback*
I was walking to the elevator and saw a small child with big blue eyes running down the hallway with his arms flailing all over the place. I couldn't help but laugh. I pushed the button on the wall beside the sliding metal doors and it open d automatically. I walked inside but heard little footsteps trotting over. The doors were starting to close right when he was about to enter.
I put my hand on the door gripping tightly so that they would slide back open.
"Hey, be careful kid. That door could have closed on you you know," I say in a worried voice.
"That's why I ran, duh. And My mommy says I'm not supposed to talk to strangers."
I roll my eyes then look back at the multiple buttons on the wall.
Ok, well can you at least tell me which floor are you heading to, kid?"
"My name isn't 'kid', it's Hiroki!" He snaps back. "And I'm
on floor 8."
"Oh cool, Me two. Which door?" I try to calm him down a bit. Seems like he's had a rough day at school or something.
"...." he doesn't reply. He just stands there .
I can tell he was staring at me and I look back to see his big blue eyes like oceans looking back at me too.
"Hey, can you not stare. It's weird." I turn back around so I don't see him.
He points to my face and says something very VERY strange.
"You're cute!"
My head spins back around and and I look at him wide eyed and shocked.
"...what!?"
"You heard me, I said you're cute! You seem nice, you look nice, and you look cute."
"Uhm... listen ki- er I mean... Hiroki, you can't just say that to a stranger, a GUY stranger at that! It- it's weird!" Not only that but I don't think it's very flattering for a boy to call another guy 'cute', I say to myself in my own thoughts.
"Why? My mommy calls my daddy cute all the time!"
I choke a little and start to cough. I turn red And can feel my cheeks getting hot and i look away again. I don't reply to his comment, I can't! I don't think he understands what he's saying means yet or the idea of being gay crossing his mind at all, so I just won't say anything.
Finally the elevator dings as we reach our destination.
He speeds out the door and runs down the hallway. His backpack swinging left and right, I can hear all of his books and papers thumping around in it .
He slows down a bit to turn around and wave at me, smiling brightly... how cute.
"Bye! Thanks for the company Mister!" He says behind his shoulder as he swirls back around and heads back to his home door.
"See ya," I say faintly and turn my body the opposite direction.
I shake my head, 'What a strange kid.' I look back in his direction to see an empty hallway. 'I Guess he already went inside. That was awfully quick', I think to myself. Huh, and he even lives only 4 doors away... I think I'm gonna enjoy living here. It's going to be quite the adventure.
Everyday after that we met at the elevator and had small conversations. This continued for about 2 years, but that changed when he entered 9th grade and I was 18. He told me that he was leaving because of his father's job, and that he couldn't stay. I could hear his disappointed and knew he was hiding back tears. He had his head down the whole time while breaking the news, as if if he looked up he would cry and break down.
I was in shock. I didn't say anything. All I did was nod and pat his head. He was a little shocked by it and flinched. When he looked up I could see the tears forming in those ocean blue eyes of his.

He clinches his fist and said, "don't worry! I'll come back for you someday! wait for me, ok!"
I nod again and smile.
Years pass and as time went on I could think only of meeting him again in The future.
One night I hear a knock at my door. I get up from my couch and slowly walk to the door, thinking it's the pizza I ordered. I open the door, "so how much is it again? $10.35?" I reach for my wallet not paying attention to who the person is until I hear his voice.
"Haha, it was a bit more than ten bucks and some change to get over here."
My eyes widen in surprise. I look up to see a very tall person with short brown hair and those unforgettable ocean blue eyes. He stands tall, much taller than me. He has broad shoulders and a large chest. His arms look quite strong too....
Damn. He's hot.
Though he has definitely changed... a lot, I don't even need to ask to know who he is. He opens his arms welcoming me and I jump into them, holding onto him tightly in his embrace. It's all so overwhelming and for some reason start to cry, and I whisper...
"You're back."

To be continued....