ch.3: stay with me?

The next day I open my eyes to see the beautifully breathtaking blue sky and the smell of freshly made coffee.
I get out of my bed and stretch my arms out, my back, and yawn.
When I walk out from the hallway and come I to the kitchen I am happy to see Hiroki. Standing there. With two cups of my favorite coffee and two plates with eggs and waffles on them on the counter.

"Ah, your finally awake. Good morning!"
"Yeah, morning", I say. Still a bit drowsy.
"Breakfast?" He asks holding out my plate and cup.
"Oh, thanks. It smells amazing!" I pick up my fork to taste it to see of its just as amazing as it smells.
"HOLY CRAP! THIS IS FANTASTIC! Who knew you would be such a good cook?" I say as I start stuffing the food down my mouth.
"Hahaha, thanks. I had a good culinary class in high school. You like it?"
"Are you kidding I love it!"
"I'm glad."
He puts the palm of his hand on his chin and his elbow on the counter and watches me eat the amazing dish; His ocean blue eyes seeming to follow my every movement.
A couple minutes later we finish our food and go sit on the couch.
*Awkward silence*
To break the silence I try to make some small talk. "So, have you found a place to live while staying here?"
"No, not yet. I'm probably gonna stay at a hotel for the time being while looking for an apartment to stay at or something."
"Oh...."
*more awkward silence"
"Umm... well... Hiroki, I-f you like..." I look down at my hands and start to twiddle my thumbs. "Uh.. you could.... stay here with me."
I look up at him.
He looks at me for a second not saying a word.
"AH, I MEAN- UH, IF YOU WANTED TO! YOU DON'T HAVE TO, IT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION , I'M NOT TRYING TO FORCE YOU OR ANYTHING THOUGH!" I blabber and I get a bit nervous and embarrassed.
"Pfft- hahaha! Ok, ok, slow down. I understand,Thank you." He says it so softly with that deep smooth voice of his and it calms me down right away. He really has changed.
"If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind staying here. That means more time I get to spend with you anyway!"
"Really?" I'm quite shocked he actually agreed, but... I'm happy.

... so after that morning, we have lived together ever since.
*flashback over*

It's been about 1 whole year since he moved in with me because he is studying abroad and it's still unbelievable! I am so happy he is here with me, in my house, living together! It's like a dream! Although, this dream isn't perfect. My work shift has changed because of a promotion, and Hiroki has been so busy with his studies that we have rarely been able to hang out together. But that will soon change...

To be continued...