ch. 6: Breaking

I look to down at my hands clasped together, thinking of how I'm supposed to get away from this awkward situation, her, and the awful overpowering smell of the perfume she is wearing. It's so gross and just makes her seem even more fake than her face, covered in what looks like pounds of makeup.

"Anyway, it was nice to meet you Aito, but we have to go, right Hiroki?" She says as she wraps her hands around Hiroki's arm and smiles at him.
"We?" I say looking back up, my face a bit confused and puzzled.
Hiroki turns his head from her to me.
"Oh yeah, Akira and I are going to go study at the library for the finals coming up soon, we just came here to get some snacks and supplies."
"Oh... I see," I say. My voice obviously showing the sound of disappointment as I once again look at my folded hands. "Oh, don't worry Aito, I'll be back by my curfew, promise." He says trying to reassure me, but that's not even what I'm remotely sad about.

"Heh, so I guess you really did forget about today's plans huh, Hiroki," I mumble so quietly I know he can't hear me. Now I really feel like crying, but I don't. I manage to hold the tears back even though I can tell that they're on the verge of pouring out, just like me heart... on the verge of breaking.

Looking totally normal, even though that Akari girl has her hands all over him he just stands there... ahh, but that's right, he doesn't know what I really feel for him, he doesn't know that I've been hiding them from him for almost a whole year! and he won't.

Akari speaks again, " Well, come on Hiroki, we can't just stand here forever, let's go." She pulls on his arm them grabs his hand.

I look at them and see that their hands are connected and that's when I just couldn't take it... I couldn't stand seeing them together anymore! It just hurts to much.

Hiroki looks at Akari again,"Alright, I'm coming, just give me a sec-" he turns his head look at me, But before he could finish, I was half way down the sidewalk running further and further away from them.
"Aito? hey Aito, where are you going? I was still talking to you."
I look back behind me to see Hiroki following me with his eyes until I am no longer in sight.

to be continued....