ch. 9: jealous

I thought that this day couldn't get any worse... I was wrong.
So, While I was in the bathroom still looking like a hot mess I hear the doorbell ring. Though I stay silent hoping whoever it is will think I'm not home. But the doorbell rings again, and again, and again. And just keeps going. 'Wow, how annoying can this person be!?' I limp to the door and swing it open, "WHAT DO YOU WANT? JUST STOP RINGING THE DOORBELL, IT'S SO ANOY-". I look up to see a very tall person, dark brown hair, broad shoulders, and... those unforgettable ocean blue eyes.

He looks at me surprised and wide eyed, as do I. "Ah, umm, er- uh..." I want to say something but the words just won't come out. 'SHIT! what do I do!?', I think to myself as I panic in my head. I guess Hiroki could tell though because he chuckled under his breath and tried to cover the grin on his face.
"H-HEY! WHAT'S SO FUNNY HUH!?AND W-WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!? Shouldn't you be playing with that pretty girl you were with earlier...?"

" What are you talking about, do you mean Akira from my  university? We were just studying for our exams. "

"Oh, don't play dumb with me! You think I don't know you guys are in a relationship!?" I can feel my cheeks burning up as my voice gets louder...

"Huh?" His eyebrows furrow.

"I mean she was obviously trying to show you off by latching onto you like a magnet and staring at me with those Beatty eyes, telling me to back off!"

"Woah, hold on a se-".

"You don't think I know what she, and you as well are trying to do!?"

"Aito, what are you saying?".

"You don't think I know how this all works?! You don't think I know that... even though I won't be good enough I- I still am putting my heart out on the line.. even though I know it'll end badly."

"Aito...?", he says it so softly but i can hear confusion in his voice even as he reaches his hand out to comfort me............ *SLAP!!!* -But I reject it. I reject his comfort because I know it's half hearted...

"DON'T TAKE ME FOR A FOOL, HIROKI! I KNOW YOU LIKE HER BY THE WAY YOU TWO LOOK AT EACH OTHER, WITH SOME DUMB SMILE ON YOUR FACE! My voice is cutting off a little and I'm choking back the tears coming.

"What? Aito, what the hell's wrong with you? Are you drunk or something? I don't understand."

"Heh, I mean... she's young, pretty, has a successful life ahead of her, why wouldn't you like her?  you two look perfect together."
My voice starts to sound a little faint and... kind of pitiful.

"What on earth has gotten into you? And you ran off earlier today too. Also... what the heck, you look terrible... and you reek of alcohol, where you drinking?"

"Why do you care!? It's not like I'm important to you anyway, so just go see your stupid girlfriend and leave...", at this point my face is burning up cherry red and Hirokis' face becomes a blur because my tears are on the verge of falling.

Hiroki grabs me by my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. "THAT'S NOT TRUE! You ARE important to me, and what's up with the whole 'girlfriend' thing?! I already told you, we were just STUDYING!- Wait... Aito, a-are you... by any chance... jealous of Akira?"

To be continued...

Hello my little foxes, it's me again! Sorry most of chapter nine was just dialogue, but there will me more action in the next chapters and the whole thing about Aito looking like a ugly butt and him scrubbing his toe, and drinking alcohol will be brought up in the future too. Yeah, sorry, I uh... kinda just pushed all that aside for this chapter, I apologize. And the alcohol, I know I didn't bring that up in the story so far, but that too will be brought up in the next chapters... also, I might do a comic strip of a scene from this chapter and upload it. So, yeah! Hope to look forward to that as well!!! =^3^= Also, sorry, just one more thing. I'm in the process of making a picture of both Aito AND Hiroki together, the sketch of it is in my other book titled "My Art" so go check that out too! K, well. See you next time!