•Chapter Twenty-one•

Jade POV
Time has passed and my bruised emotions are still a bit broken. However, I don't let that stop my grind. I look around at the crowd before me and kept a straight face as I try to not let my emotions get the best of me, I remember when I wrote this song that we're about to sing, I hesitated to release it on the album but our team loved the ballad so I gave in.

Jesy
I'm alive, and livings just a beating heart
Cause we won't admit that we've taken this too far
I know it's love cause I will always be the first
To start making up excuses when it hurts

But I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone again
But all I want, all I want is to feel again

There's nobody like you, nobody like you.
I've tried goodbye a hundred times, not one of them true
Nobody like you, nobody like you
I'm screaming I don't want you but you know that I do.

Bruno's POV
I sat in an area that the security placed me as their performance went on and I stared straight at her, she hasn't noticed me and I like it that way. I listened as she sang the chorus so emotionally and tears filled her eyes. Guilt began to build up in my conscience and I bit my lip.
***********************************

After the concert I made my way to her dressing room. "What the- security!!!" I heard her voice called out and I hurried and spoke to her. "No wait..." She glared at me. "Why are you in my dressing room? This is a private area." I shrugged and sigh. "Listen--" she shook her head quickly "I'm done listening.." I stared at her. "Jade please be you have to understand" I began but she's ignoring me as she pack her belongings. "Bruno, understand this... I'm done with you and your bullshit." She began and continued. "Have a great wedding...I won't be able to make it" I froze as she passed by me. "Jade!!" "PETER!!" she screamed as I pulled her towards me in a rush. "Listen to me Hernadez, you and your ego can go home to your fiancé..I need rest" as we walked outside the rain began to pour. "I'm so happy we're on a week break." She whispered as she placed everything in her car. "Jay, please....I need you in my life, please" she looked at me "we're going in a continuous circle.." her whispered as the rain flattened her curls. "we grew up together...I may be six years older but we still grew up." I grabbed her arm, "Remember when we first started dating? You're dad was hesitant and your mom straight up disagreed" she stared up at me with an emotionless expression and my heart began racing in fright. "I fucked up and slept with Rita because I was frustrated with the hate of your family instead of talking to you." Her eye contact fell and I continued. "I broke your heart, your trust and your father was so disappointed because my actions proved that his wife was right." Her breath became shaky as tears fell down her face. As the rain poured rougher we entered the car and she didn't face me. "You somehow forgave me, then I wrote it will rain.." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, "I understand that you hate me, I understand why you're mad and why you refuse to acknowledge me. But, I need you in my life." She shook her head and she spoke as her voice cracked. "no... we'll end up doing regretful things. You cheated on me with her, and now you're cheating on her with me." She bit her lip. "I love you...you are my first love" she began then paused. "But...you're not changing. You must really love her if you proposed" I stayed silent and felt her take her hand from minds. "besides, I've moved on... I found someone new, who treats me like a true queen, I'm not ruin something like that again." She looked in my eyes and we just sat there for a moment. "So, this is it?" I asked and immediately regretted that question. "Yes, I guess it is." I swear I could've heard the shatter erupt from my chest. I feel like I want to throw up and bawl my eyes out. "I'm sorry." She said and I just stared at her and slowly closed my eyes before reopening them. "Yeah.." I turned and opened the car door to exit but I paused and turned back to her. "I wanted to give u this aswell." I heard her suck in a breath and look down at the item.