Chapter Four - Positive

Evie's P.O.V -

"Angie, you've been in the bathroom a while. Are you alright?" I call through the door.

"Yeah, um... Could you come in? It's unlocked."

Why does she need me to go in the bathroom? I hope everything's okay.

I go in and close the door behind me.

"What is it you-" I see the pregnancy test in her hand.

"Are you...?"

"Yes."

"Oh my god!"

"I know!"

"Congratulations!" I hug her tightly.

"I'm so glad I was here while this happened!"

Angie gets a sad look on her face. "I almost forgot there that you're only here for two weeks."

"I'm sorry. My dad will be losing his mind back in England though." My phone buzzes with a call. "Speak of the devil.

I answer it, "Hey dad. What's u-"

"It's Rebecca. Stevie's in hospital."

"What?"

"He had a stroke."

"Oh my god..."

"I'll keep you updated. I told you you never should've left." Rebecca hangs up on me and I stare at the phone.

"Evie?" Angie is looking at me with concern. "What was that about?"

I look at her then the pregnancy test in her hand. She doesn't need to deal with my stress right now.

"Nothing. Just my dad telling me about something that happened on this TV show we're really into. Back to the important stuff... You're pregnant!"

"Yeah. How should I tell Joseph?"

"He'll be happy, right?"

"Oh yeah. Definitely."

"Then you have nothing to worry about. When's he getting home from work?"

Angie checks her watch. "Ten minutes."

"Okay. I'm gonna get out of here so you two can have the place to yourselves. I'll just go a walk."

"Thanks so much, Evie."

"It's no problem. Congrats."

I grab my coat and leave quickly. As soon as I'm out the door I burst into tears.

I should've never left England. What if my dad dies? I won't be there for him. I need to get home as soon as possible.

"Evie?"

I look up and see Flynn standing there. How does he always manage to appear when I'm at my worst?

I wipe my eyes and try to be strong.

"Hi Flynn." My voice cracks as I say his name.

"What's going on?"

Should I tell him? I didn't even tell Angie and she's my best friend...

"My dad had a stroke..."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry."  He leans in to hug me but quickly retracts it.