Chapter Ten - Happy Birthday

Evie's P.O.V -
I wake up to the smell of pancakes. Flynn is gently shaking me awake.

"Wakey wakey, birthday girl," he says softly.

I stretch and yawn.

"Good morning sunshine," I mumble in my sleepy daze.

"I made you breakfast."

I sit up straight and he hands me a tray with chocolate covered pancakes, a glass of orange juice and a single tulip.

"Thank you."

"Anything for my wonderful fiancée. I probably should've waited until today to propose, it would've been more special that way."

"It was special anyway, silly. We're engaged."

He smiles and sits down at the edge of the bed.

"I can't believe how lucky I am," he says.

"It's not luck. You worked pretty hard to convince me to take you back."

"Well, yeah." We laugh.

"We've come so far."

"It's kind of crazy." He takes my hand and gently rubs circles on the palm.

"You seem kind of sad."

"Birthdays always make me a little sad."

"Me too. We're getting older."

"When we're old and sitting on some porch in rocking chairs, I'll think about this moment."

"I will too, love. I will too."

- - -

After breakfast we head off to Joseph and Angie's flat. They both wish me a happy birthday and hand me a wrapped box.

They sit on the couch and watch as I open it. Like parents watching their child on Christmas morning.

Inside is a beautiful necklace. A forever sign with tiny diamonds on it.

"It's lovely, thanks so much you guys."

I hug them both and then Flynn clears his throat.

"My present isn't here. We have to go on a little trip for it."

"What?"

"I have a blindfold so you don't see." I laugh but let him tie the blindfold on me.

"This better not be some kinky shit."

"Oh, it is very kinky. I assure you."

Flynn leads me down to the car and straps me in. As he drives I start guessing where we could be going.

"The beach?"

"Nope."

"Park?"

"Nope."

"Funfair?"

"Nope."

"I give up."

After about ten minutes the car comes to a halt. We climb out and Flynn leads me forward a little bit before telling me to take off my blindfold.