Chapter Fourteen - Promise

A/N -
Don't play the music yet.

- - -

Evie's P.O.V -
I'm sitting in front of a vanity mirror in Angie's room. Baby Jack is across the room in a crib. I watch him while Angie does my hair.

"I remember how excited I was on my wedding day," Angie says with a smile.

"I just can't believe it's finally here."

She finishes my hair and gets to work with my makeup.

"I'm sorry if I poke your eye out with the mascara," she apologises. I laugh.

She finishes and then helps me get my dress on.

"Are you ready?"

I smile. "So ready."

We head out, Angie carrying Jack, and a car is waiting for us. We climb in.

- - -

Flynn's P.O.V -
I'm standing at the end of the aisle, underneath cherry blossom trees.

We're having an outdoor wedding.

On one side, my more distant family members and some friends are sitting, on the other are everyone Evie knows.

We don't have very many people here but that's alright.

Joseph is standing by my side, he pats me on the back.

"They grow up so fast," he says and chuckles.

We are waiting patiently for the bride to arrive.

That's when I see her. The car stops and she climbs out, Angie is behind her with Jack. Jack's wearing a tiny baby tuxedo.

I watch as Evie glides down the aisle gracefully. She reached the end and we stand, facing one another.

The ceremony begins.

- - -

Evie's P.O.V -
"Do you, Flynn Sanders, take Evie Blake to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Evie Blake, take Flynn Sanders to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I say.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

I'm about to kiss Flynn one of those modest wedding kisses when he suddenly takes me in his arms and dips me before kissing me. Our friends and family cheer and holler.

We finish and I turn round to throw the bouquet. Paige catches it with one hand, she's holding Buddy on a leech in her other hand.

We make our way out and head towards the reception area. People are bustling around giving us various congratulations. A few people ask where the honeymoon is going to be.

"Hawaii."

The cake is huge. Our neighbour, Mrs Donahue, offered to make it. She did a great job.