02

The next day Hyein walked into class with her familiar gummy smile and a Pororo bandage, her classmates paying no attention as they're absorbed in their own conversations

The next day Hyein walked into class with her familiar gummy smile and a Pororo bandage, her classmates paying no attention as they're absorbed in their own conversations. She took her seat like usual and waited for her teacher to begin today's lesson, while she waited she spotted Jihoon.

"Jihoon! Over here!" Hyein motioned to the seat next to her, some kids looking at her with strange looks due to her sudden outburst. He sat down next to her, Jihoon already took out his books and looked over his work while Hyein sat oblivious as always. "Oh and this is for you, for yesterday." Hyein slide him a packet of jellies, Jihoon thanking her prior to slipping them into his bag. Shortly, the lesson began and the talking died down, both still wearing smiles even after.

The end of the day seemed even more prolonged compared to most days, one thing that remained the same was the positivity and brightness that radiated through Hyein.

"The weather's nice today," Jihoon stated as he admired the sky. "Sure beats the rain."

"Since you brought up the weather wouldn't it be nice to get ice cream?" Hyein suggests as she wiggles her eyebrows for emphasis. Without another word, the two halt their walking as they quickly draw their hands. Jihoon draws scissors and Hyein draws rock, Hyein then running around Jihoon with an exclaim. Jihoon shakes his head in disbelief once more while watching how happy she was before changing paths to go and buy ice cream.

They sit on a bench in a nearby park, Hyein thanking Jihoon for buying as they eat. Jihoon watched in amazement at how she was always this happy, a genuine smile appearing on his face.

"Always stay like this, alright Hwang Hyein?" He muttered under his breath.