2 - Mikey

"Scott Hoying," my friend Mason said, wiggling his eyebrows, a smirk on his face. "Wanna go out with Mark and I tonight to go to this new bar they opened downtown? I heard they serve alcohol."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course they do, it's a bar."

"No, but what I mean is they don't care about IDs. Please?"

He puppy-eyed me, and boy, I can't deny puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes again but sighed.

"Fine."

"Awesome! Bring Kirstie too, will you? Oh, and let's ask Matt?"

"Matt?" I frowned, but then remembered and instantly felt stupid for it. "Oh, the new guy? Sure. I wanna make him feel more included, though he's doing great I think."

"Yeah," Mason agreed. "It's gonna be fun."

***

As soon as I got home I looked for my mom, finding her in the living room, watching TV. I just needed to know if she knew some gossip about a new guy who moved into town, recently.

"Hey, mom?"

She looked up, her face immediately lighting up when she saw me. She patted the cushion next to her.

"Hey, sweetheart. How was school?"

I sat down next to her, giving her an awkward side hug and ignoring her question.

"Do you, um... know if a new family moved into town?"

She shook her head, frowning. "No, not that I know of." She was usually the first one to know about stuff like that, so if she didn't know anything he might not even be from here. I felt the disappointment, this was it. I would never see him again. He was so beautiful but in a completely different way. His beauty was ethereal. For a moment I thought he might've actually been my guardian angel, but who was I kidding. Those things don't really exist. Just a random dude who was in the right place at the right time. With an amazing taste in fashion. A very beautiful dude.

"Why are you asking?"

"Oh, just saw someone I've never seen before, that's all." I shrugged, standing back up from the couch. I didn't want to tell her that I met this exact person when I was about to die in a car crash because she would lecture me about how I should check three times before I cross the road, and yes, mom, I know, but shit happens sometimes. Accidents happen accidentally.

I went upstairs with the excuse that I wanted to study when actually, I was probably just going to lay on my bed, play random games on my phone until it was time to get ready to go out. On Fridays, I don't study. It's that one day after a super exhausting week where I just can't bring myself to do anything at all. Okay, to be fair my test this morning didn't turn out too well, so I deserved a break. The topic was early American industry and let me tell you, I hate History and I have no clue about American industry, so combined these things have made me write roughly about twenty words about how I didn't know the answer to that question. Should've come up with something witty instead, damn it. Made a pun, done a bad drawing of something, been funny in literally any way. I'd love to see people's reactions.

After about an hour I had beat my own high score at Temple Run, now having 1,173,133 points. I was pretty sure it was easy to beat that high score, but I was proud nonetheless. I'd never made it past a million.

I checked the time on my phone and realized I had about half an hour to get ready. I'd showered this morning, so I just skipped that and went straight to getting dressed. Hmm... All black? Was that appropriate? I decided to ring Kirstie - she was always a great help.

"Hey Kit!"

"Big boy!" She greeted, the smile clear in her voice. "What's up? You getting ready?"