8 - Wyatt Blue

I wasn't one to share my thoughts and feelings right away. I needed time to warm up, even to Mason, one of my best friends. Not Kirstie level of best friend, but a Kirstie minus point one. So pretty close to a Kirstie. He was a male Kirstie. Anyways, I had already had a few drinks, I knew my mom told me not to but I am a responsible adult who knows when to stop. Ha ha. Cut the responsible out.

"I'm gay."

I realized a few moments too late what I just said. I covered my mouth with my hand as if I could take it back but Mason just looked at me, not with confusion on his face but with... Understanding?

"You're... Gay?"

"No- that- I just- kinda said it cause- I- I'm... Maybe?"

"That's cool. I'm gay too, you know."

"Yeah... You have a boyfriend." I didn't really know where he was going with this. Of course I knew he was gay. He's been with Mark since freshman year and he's also been my best friend since. "I'm dating someone. Kind of, I mean. Literally dating, not like... Couple dating."

"Really? Who is it? Wait, do I know him? Let me guess!" He seemed so excited about it that I just couldn't help but chuckle.

"I doubt that you know him. Kirstie talks about him a lot, though. You've... Seen him before."

"Wait, is it... No, what, wait, Jeremy is Kirstie's guy, right? Nothing- nothing weird going on?"

"Nope, not Jeremy. He doesn't go to our school, you don't know him."

"Okay, then tell me. What's his name?"

"Mitch." I said, a smile on my face. I couldn't say his name without smiling.

"Oooh, I've always wondered who this Mitch guy was that Kirstie always talks about! Now I know he's your boyfriend." He winked at me.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I slapped his shoulder playfully before I poured myself one more glass of strawberry vodka. This shit tastes like heaven. "We just went on a date last night."

Right in that moment, my phone buzzed. I assumed it was my mom telling me to stay safe and not to drink, but my heart dropped to the floor when I saw Mitch's name on the screen.

Mitch: wanna see my pussy?

I frowned, rereading the text a couple of times to make sure that I read it correctly but I didn't misread it in any way.

"What the fuck?"

Mason raised his eyebrows and I showed him the text, making him burst out laughing and probably wake up the entire neighborhood.

Mitch: I've heard people say that but I doubt that is the correct way to ask.

Scott frowned and hesitantly started typing.

Scott: what do you wanna ask?

Mitch: I got a cat today. Do you wanna see him? I learned how to send pictures over text. And emoticons 🤗

Scott: oh, um, sure I wanna see your cat. What's its name?

Mitch:

Mitch: his name is Wyatt BlueMitch: isn't he just the cutest thing?

Mitch: isn't he just the cutest thing?

Scott: AW! He's so adorable. Not more than you, though ;)

Mitch: I know you're flirting over text but I don't know how so I'm not going to try. Feel flirted back though.

Scott: you don't need to flirt over text you're literally an angel how could someone not be all over you

Mitch: wait how do you know?

Scott frowned.

Scott: know what?

Mitch: never mind. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Scott.

Scott: goodnight, Mitchy x

"He's... Weird." Mason said after Scott showed him the conversation he just had with Mitch.

"Why is everyone saying that?" Scott sighed.

"He's seventeen, you said. He 'just learned how to send pictures over text and emoticons?' Well I don't know why anyone would think he's weird."

"He's really really sweet, I promise. I don't know why he's doing that. Maybe he likes roleplay."

"Roleplay." Mason huffed. "Scott. Be careful with him. I have a weird feeling."

"Yeah..."

I knew I had to be careful. My friends were right - he did seem weird. But then it suddenly hit me. His secrecy about his origins, the fact that his family disowned him because he did something his family disapproved of. The fact that he was from one of the biggest cities in the world but didn't really know about technology. He prefers nature over television, maybe because he grew up that way. Wasn't there some type of cult that had no technology and lived isolated from society? That must've been it. He must've escaped, and when he escaped he was overwhelmed with LA, so he moved here, to a small ass town in Texas. It all suddenly made so much sense. I made a mental note to mention something related to religion next time I'd see him. If I'd see him again, that is.

"Anyways, let's have a few more drinks."

***

Three more hours passed and by the time three am rolled around we were both absolutely wasted. We'd drunk the whole bottle of strawberry vodka, it wasn't super strong per se but not being used to much we, especially I, couldn't really walk straight after that.

"Fuck." I giggled when I sat back down on the bed after wobbling around on my feet. "I can't."

"Listen," mason slurred. "Have you ever made out with a guy?"

"Nuh-huh." I shook my head but soon enough realized that wasn't a good idea. "Oh..." I tried to focus my eyes on something in front of me. "Dizzy."

"Do you want to make out?"

I looked at Mason. I mean sure, he wasn't bad looking, I was positive that barely anyone would deny him, but... Could I?

"B-but... Mark..."

"We're in an open relationship," Mason said, shrugging. "Come on," he touched my thigh, sending shivers down my spine. "You're a hot guy." He leaned in, his face inching closer and closer, making my breath hitch and my heart almost stop. His lips were only half an inch away.

"B-but... Mitch..."

He leaned back again, licking his lips. He averted his eyes from mine.

"You're right. It's a mistake."

I exhaled visibly, I knew it was kind of rude to be happy not to kiss someone who obviously wanted to kiss you, but I had a valid reason. The reason was treasured in the very back of my mind, but even in this drunken state I couldn't forget about Mitch and those beautiful brown eyes that lit up whenever he looked at something he liked.

"Have you ever kissed anyone at all?"

"Mason..." I began, running my fingers through my hair. "You know that I haven't."

"We should sleep now."

"Yeah..." I agreed. "That's probably the best we could do."