13 - Cherry Blossoms

A/N: Hey y'all! Just letting you know that this story isn't discontinued or anything, I'm looking forward to continuing this actually, I'm just putting my main focus on Famous right now! I might randomly update a chapter, but it's gonna be regularly continued when Famous is finished. Either way, hope you like this chapter. Thank you for reading and voting
_

I couldn't sleep. I spent all night tossing and turning, so it was no surprise that as soon as the sun had risen, I was up and ready to head out of the house to get a bouquet of flowers for Mitch.

It was a school day, and it was super early in the morning and I felt like an idiot driving up to the local flower shop but I knew I had to do it before school started. It just had to be done as soon as possible, not just to calm my nerves but also to possibly get a second chance with Mitch. Not that I deserved it. But I couldn't imagine never seeing him again.

"What can I get for you?" The young lady at the counter asked, zapping me back to reality.

"Um... Do you have cherry blossoms?" I timidly asked. I felt weird asking for such a specific thing that I'd never seen being sold, but it reminded me of our first date and it was cheesy and a bit over the top, but he was worth it.

"Let me see..." She went into the backroom, leaving me alone for a few awkward minutes before she emerged with several branches of cherry blossoms.

"Do you like these?"

"Perfect," I said. "I need... A few?"

The girl, she must've been around my age, laughed at me.

"What do you need them for?"

"I..." I bit my lip until I gave in and sighed. "I wanna apologize to someone."

"Oh..." Her smile faded. "You know, white tulips represent peace and forgiveness, we also have roses?"

I shook my head. "That, uh... Cherry blossoms are kinda our thing..."

"Oh, got it." She smiled a small smile again. She made a small bouquet with green stuff, then gave it to me. "I hope you can get them to forgive you. You seem to care about this person a lot."

Her use of gender neutral pronouns made me smile. Finally someone open-minded enough not to assume anything.

"Yeah... I hope so too. Thank you."

I paid, tipped her for her kindness and help and made my way back to my car. I took a deep breath, trying to get my hands to stop shaking and my heart to stop racing. This was all or nothing. Now.

I arrived at Mitch's house a few moments later, and started going through my speech in my head.

"I'm so sorry, Mitchy, I promise I care about you and I wanna hear what you have to say. I really enjoy our time together... I want you to be mine. I want you to... Be my boyfriend. Mitchy. I'm sorry, Mitchy. Mitch. Mitchell? No, Mitch. I'm- ugh..." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. Finally, after taking a few deep breaths and trying not to freak out completely I decided to just jump in at the deep end and risk it. What was the worst thing that could happen? Mitch insulting me and throwing me back out, or not letting me in in the first place. I mentally prepared myself for this scenario, but I knew that no matter how much I prepared myself, I could never avoid the heartbreak.