6 - Date Night

After getting ready for what felt like an entire day I was mentally not even close to being ready for the date with Mitch. The only time we spoke was when he texted me his address, which I'd never heard of before. I just assumed I'd never been in this part of town, so I got into my car, trusting the GPS on my phone to lead the way. I typed the address into the device, frowning when the destination seemed to be a spot in the middle of nowhere outside of town. I didn't even know there were houses there. But I just shrugged it off, starting the engine and driving. It was half-past seven, I didn't want to be late and although Arlington wasn't huge, I gave myself some extra time so I could make sure I wasn't late. It would make such a bad impression to be late on the first date.

I drove past houses and streets until there was a sign letting me know I'd left Arlington and was now heading towards Dallas. Maybe he lived in the country? The GPS beeped and I glanced at it and nearly hit the breaks because there he was, Mitch. He was standing on the side of the road, wrapped in his trademark white coat, wearing a black and white striped shirt underneath from what I could see. My breath hitched - I wasn't mentally prepared for his beauty.

I stopped at the side of the road and let him in. There was no house to be seen in miles, it was all just fields. He opened the door and got into the passenger seat, a soft smile on his face that made my heart melt.

"Hey..." I started, blushing and smiling. He directed his beautiful smile at me now.

"Hey there. You're here at 8 sharp."

"Not a minute late," I added awkwardly.

"Impressive. Anyways, where are we going?"

"Um... Do you like movies? I thought we could go to the theater to watch something."

I'd spent so much time trying to make up a perfect date that I'd finally decided to make suggestions and let him choose from different options. Personally, I liked movies best but my plan b was a nice dinner at the local diner and my plan c was taking a walk in the park. It was pretty romantic at night with all the fairy lights, so I thought it would be fitting to get to know someone better. Of course, we could've combined things and I personally would love to walk down the river in the park and maybe hold hands? Eh, too cheesy.

Mitch giggled, causing my heart to skip a beat. What is this boy doing to me?!

"You're overthinking," he noticed. I let out a deep breath, knowing he's right. "Listen, no need to be nervous."

"Easy for you to say. You're... Absolutely gorgeous."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Mitch blushed once again.

"Well... Thanks. You look not so bad yourself."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"So... What movie are we going to see?"

"Well... I was just gonna go for something that you like? We can look at the program and see what's on. What movies do you like?"

"Oh, I mean... Everything."

"Everything? Like... From horror movies to cartoons everything?"

"Well, I'm not big into electronics. I prefer... Nature."

"Oh... So you'd prefer if we went to the p-"

"To the park instead of going to the theater? Yeah." He nodded decisively. "I'd much rather like that."

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes.

"How did you know what I was going to say?"

He just shrugged as if this was a totally normal thing to do.