Chapter 1: The Gift

On an early Friday morning, at home, in her city town, Samantha was in her bedroom just finishing up writing the lyrics and notes to a new song she was working on. Her mother called her down to give her an early birthday present. Samantha put her guitar away, grabbed her bag and headed downstairs.

She saw her mother holding a box decorated in a big, sparkly ribbon. Her mother smiled at her. "Happy early sweet sixteen, sweety." She said, handing the gift to her. "Thanks, mom." Samantha said gratefully. She pulled the ribbon off and opened it up. She saw that inside the box were two of her favorite David Bowie albums, 'Aladdin Sane' and 'Heroes' Samantha sqealed. She just felt like like bouncing off the walls. "Thank you so much, mom! You rock!" She said excitedly. Samantha's mother giggled. She smiled and nodded in agreement. "I thought those albums would be the perfect gift to go along with that new orange record player we got you." She told her.

"Oh they will! I'm going to be blasting my speakers to these up in my room when I come back!" Samantha said. "Alrighty then see you after school, my little glam rock girl." Her mother said with another proud smile. Samantha smiled and waved goodbye to her mother as she ran out to the bus.

Samantha was always the first one on the bus. The second person was the boy who lived across the street named Adam. He was crushing on Samantha ever since she first came to Camelton High. He always seemed too shy to speak to her most of the time. He sat in a seat next to Samantha. "Hey." Samantha said, glancing over at him, smiling. Adam looked over at her. "Oh Hey." He replied, returning the smile.

Adam pulled out one of his books. Looking at the cover and titled. Samantha saw that the book was titled 'Rock Legends.' She immediately knew it was a book about every single rock singer she could think of. "So... is that book in the library?" She asked him. "Oh no. This book is mine. I honestly love learning the story of the lives of all of my favorite rock singers and music makers. I just like to learn about their everyday lives and what made them have the interest to do what they do."

Samantha had already been admiring Adam from a distance, but now that she found out he had most of the same interests that she had, she thought she was in love. "Wow. That's really cool. I really love all rock singers. My personal favorite is David Bowie." She told him. "Wow. David Bowie is like... no joke. He has had a huge influence on my life since I was like ten. I've been listening to his music ever since." Adam told her. Samantha was getting even more excited as they spoke. "I absolutely love him." She said. "He has inspired me by his looks, outfits, and music. I've always tried to copy him by those exact things." Samantha told him.

Adam smiled at her. "That's so awesome. Maybe I could see or hear you play sometime." He said. Samantha blushed and smiled. The bus had arrived and Samantha immediately got off to greet her friend, Ambria, who was waiting for her. "Hey Samantha! Happy early birthday!" Ambria shouted, meeting her halfway across the parkinglot. "Hey Ambria!" Samantha called over to her.

The two girls hugged as they walked along the sidewalk to class. "So how are you doing?" Samantha asked. "Oh. All is good, family is well and this is the last day of school, girl!" Ambria said as both of them squealed and jumped in excitement. "How about you? What's going on today?" Ambria asked. Samantha stiffened up a little bit as she spoke. "Well you know Adam? That kinda cute boy that lives across from me? Well... he spoke to me today." She told her.

"Kinda cute??!! That boy's a total hunk! Thats so awesome, Samantha! You got you're first boyfriend going for you!" Ambria told her. "Well... maybe." Samantha replied. The girls both laughed as they finally headed to their class.

A/N: Thank you all so much! This is the end of the first chapter! the second chapter is in the works. I loved comming up with this character, Samantha because she would totaly describe me if I ever grew up in the 70s or 80s. I have been Bowie obsessed for a long time now and I really hope that all Bowie fans reading this story will love it! Thank you!