Chapter 9 - Hugs and Tears

"Who da hell are you mate." His words are slurred and he sways slightly.

"Oh no." You mutter indecisively under your breath. "Uh, this is one of my friends."

"The one's you're staying with?" You nod in response. He unblocks the door and lets you inside. You walk past him, up the stairs and into your room. You are about to close the door behind you until you realise that Phil is not there. You poke you head out into the hallway.

"Phil!" You whisper shout at him. He is frozen still with the look of horror on his face as he looks into Alroy's room. He gulps. "Phil!" He turns and jogs up to you.

"(Y/N)! Did you-" You cut him off.

"I know, now get in!" You whisper. You close the door and face him.

"Y-You can't stay here (Y/N)."

"I know, that's why I'm getting my stuff." You sigh. "I was going to tell you before about him but I...don't know...I was too scared I guess." You bend down and pick up your backpack. You collect various belongings and zip it shut once done. You turn to see Phil crouched down over a blood stain.

"Was that Alroy?" You shake your head.

"No, that was the other guy. That's where I got the blood nose." He stands up and squeezes your shoulder. "It's okay Phil...you don't have to worry. I'll be safe now." You slowly open the door to your room, together sneaking down the stairs and exit the building...nearly that was. Your path is blocked by Alroy.

"You, can't leave (Y/N)."

"W-What do you mean?"

"You can't leave me like this. I need money...I need...I need." He inches closer to you. "You." Lust forming in his eyes. Phil shoots out an arm in front of you to stop him from getting any closer.

"Uuhh...Alroy, can we please leave?" He asks kindly being the kind and gentle person he is. But that would never suffice. He inches closer...and closer...and closer. Phil pulls you towards him with a protective arm around you.

"I want you (Y/N)...I need you."

"I barley know you Alroy. Now, please. Let us through." He giggles. What the hell. He keeps on laughing. I guess this is what drugs and alcohol does to a person.

"Never." He says menacingly.

"Let. Us. Go." Phil stands his ground, his voice low and strong. His protective grip round my waist tightens. Alroy clenches his fist and throws a sucker punch at you. (In karate, we call it the idiot's punch) Phil pulls you out of the way. Alroy stumbles away from the door and falls against the couch drunkenly. He turns and glares at you. Regaining his unsteady balance, he starts to charge for you. "RUN!" Phil shouts. He lets go of you and together you sprint out the door. Pumping your legs, you reach the end of the dark alley. As you run people shoot you and Phil strange stares. You huff and puff until you reach the door of the apartment block. Phil's hands shakily attempt to unlock the door. You slam it behind you and rest against the door. "Holy. Crap." Phil says in between breaths. "Are you alright?" He glances at you.

"Yeah, are you." He nods. You regain composure and briefly close your eyes. "Thank you, Phil, for protecting me."

"No problem (Y/N)."

"Phil?! (Y/N)?!" We both look up at the same time to see Dan standing at the top of the stair well. "What happened, are you alrig-" You run towards him and tackle him in a hug. He is taken aback but then encloses his arms. As the realisation of the situation suddenly hits you, you start to cry. "Hey, hey, hey...It's alright." He rubs your back gently. "What happened?!" You feel him look up at Phil.

"I-It's a long story. I'll explain when we get to the flat." He nods and you pull away from him. He bends down to look at you, both hands tenderly on your shoulders.

"Are you okay?" He stares into your eyes.

"Yeah."

"Okay...how about I make you both a warm drink and you come and sit and explain what happened. Sounds good?" You nod. He squeezes your shoulders and leads you up the stairs.

Dan's POV

I laze around in the lounge room thinking of ideas for my next video. All I can hear is the constant hum of traffic and the crackling of the fireplace. I find my thoughts constantly wondering to (Y/N). She is so...cute. I've only known her for a few days but I feel like I've known her forever. I sigh and turn over to YouTube and watch some more of her videos. About ten minutes later I hear a distant door slam shut, so loud that it makes me jump. I hear panting and an exchange of muffled words. The hell. I pause the video and leave the flat to check out the commotion.

There stands (Y/N) and Phil. Backs pressed against the door, bent over, gasping for air. "Phil?! (Y/N)?!" I rush down the stairs. "What happened, are you alrigh-" I am cut off by (Y/N) running for me and flinging her arms around me. Shocked, I enclose her in a warm hug. Shortly she starts to cry. I shoot a concerned look at Phil. I look back down at her "Hey, hey, hey...It's alright." I rub her back gently. Her grip tightens momentarily then she pulls away. "What happened?!" What the hell was going on.

"I-It's a long story. I'll explain when we get to the flat." Phil replies panting for air. I bend down to (Y/N)'s level and put my hands tenderly on her shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I stare into her beautiful (E/C) eyes.

"Yeah." She nods sniffing.

"Okay...how about I make you both a warm drink and you come and sit and explain what happened. Sounds good?" She nods. I squeeze her shoulders and lead the two-breathless people up the stairs.

------------

I bring the steaming coffee and hot chocolate into the living room. I pass the coffee to Phil then the hot chocolate to (Y/N) who is wrapped up in a blanket. I sit down opposite them. "Now, tell me what happened." I clasp my hands together.

------------

Poor (Y/N). They finish up telling me the story. I wish I was there for them...for her. (Y/N)...

"But I'm safe now." She smiles at me and places the now empty cup on the coffee table. "Thanks to you guys." She stands up with the cup about to take it in the kitchen.

"(Y/N)...wait..." She turns. I walk over to her and slide my arms around her. She returns the hug. "I'm glad you're okay." I look over her shoulder to see Phil smirking. I can feel her heart thumping in her chest. I glare at him and break the hug.