TFP Ratchetxreader ~ my inventor

(Y/n) sat there on the couch boredly watching her mate tamper with his new invention

"Is it even gonna work this time?" She smirked a little but he didn't reply as he continued to tinker with it so she sighed "You said you wanted to hangout.. So put it down and pay attention to me"

"Yes, (y/n), it will work, and I want you here to witness its abilities.."

She stood up and walked over but jerked back and raised her arm using it as a shield as the invention short circuited and started sparking as she looked away as she heard Ratchet cry out in surprise

"Get down!" He shouted

"Uh?? Ah!" She felt his servo swoop over and pick her up as she yelped, she opened her eyes as Ratchet trotted away and looked back to see the device explode as he shielded her by leaning over with his servos cupped, pulled close to him as he looked down "are you alright?"

She raised an eyebrow "it'll work, huh?"

He made a displeased grunt and frowned as his face plates darkened a little but he set her down and stood up looking back at the inferno and trotted to the extinguisher and doused the flame with the foam

(Y/n) frowned a little when she seen Ratchet stand there and stare at the remains of the device and frown in disappointment

"What was it supposed to do..?"

"A desperate attempt to replicate raw energon to double our energon reserves, we're so low.." He softly growled and looked away "I shouldn't of been such a fool to think I could create a device."

(Y/n) walked over and placed a hand on his leg armor and made him look down "You tried to help the team, you shouldn't think you're a fool for that.. I think you're pretty smart." She said leaning into him and looked at the device as it softly sparked and sizzled.

He sighed but picked her up raising her to his shoulder as she stepped on and she his helm and softly kissed his armor "You're a brilliant inventor. My inventor.."