Obligations and Responsibilities

What seemed like a good subject to discuss at first, ends in a complicated mess. We all know how Kai is already pretty much betrothed and Licht's reputation with women. That being said, at some point, a future king will be expected to marry and it is this subject that would be the cause of the chain of events that would follow and involve everyone. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something had been eating away on Bruno ever since the lesson they had a few days ago. That lesson had been all about social conventions and politics to sum it up in a nutshell, nothing new. Though the truth was... it had been a little more complicated than that. The subject had hit a nerve here and there. Still, what really perturbed him was how his precious 'Master' had looked. Despite Heine's incessant requests to stop referring to him in that fashion, Bruno never seemed to quit that habit of his. After spending a lot of time with the tutor, he had come to study his moods and facial expressions as they were often too subtle but this time they had been written all over his face as if a bomb of emotions had exploded in his face and he had been wearing it like a big red sign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A king has many obligations and responsibilities. One responsibility being to protect his people and see to it that they are happy" 

Heine had started. The princes listening carefully to his lecture, that is to say for now. 

"Responsibilities, however, provide a certain amount of freedom as it is personal and you can see to them in your own way. Obligations aren't that simple and when it comes to them, feelings often need to be pushed aside as they are dictated by others"

"Ah! Kind of like Leo-nii having to study!" 

Licht interjected with his usual enthusiasm, though that enthusiasm usually rose to the surface whenever the Prince was up to no good. Usually it involved teasing or pestering either Leonhard or Bruno. Kai never was targeted by him as he, like his other brothers, respected Kai's pure heart and kindness. 

"Licht! I am not that bad! I do study every day!"

Leonhard exclaimed, ever the subtle one. Speaking his mind wasn't necessary a bad thing but curbing his words wasn't one of his specialties. That being said... there weren't a lot of words that exactly needed to be curbed. His way of phrasing things would often lead to being ridiculed even more by his younger brother.

"I even keep myself from eating Sachertorte if I don't do my best at studying"

Every time he had to bring in his obsession with Sachertorte.

"Ah... I wouldn't mind some torte now... torte... torte..."

And they just lost him as he was laying face down on the coffeetable in front of him.

"Heh, Leo-nii, you are so simple and childish"

Licht wouldn't stop throwing insults at Leonhard but it was just some teasing in his eyes. Still, it earned him a glare from Bruno, who was always displeased by Licht's behavior, his flirting, lack of responsibility... but most of all the fact that he would also get targeted by him.