Chapter 2

A/N If dialauges in () it's German, ** is Russian and :: is Sokovian.

   "Do you have anywhere to go?"

     The one question I was both dreading and hoping they would asked. I pursed my lips and shifted from foot to foot, adjusting the backpack strap on my shoulder.

     "No Sir. Like I said before, I've been on the street for the past threeish months." I answered, trying not to seem nervous.

     "That can't have been comfortable." The man in the suit pointed out. I simply shrugged.

     "Comfort hasn't exactly been my problem. I just wanted to get away from the abuse." I smiled.

     "How long has it been since you've had a proper meal?" The man with the shield asked. I bit the inside of my cheek and tried to think.

     "I think it's been a month or so." I answered with a small nod. Yeah, that sounded about right. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I really need to go before my father sends some more HYDRA agents after me." I explained as I spun around, but someone grabbed my wrist.

     "If you have no where to go, you can come with us to Avengers Tower. We could use a young fighter such as yourself." The man in the armor smiled.

     "Oh no. I couldn't do that to you guys. You've already saved my life twice." I smiled and they all furrowed their brows.

     "Twice?" The girl asked.

     "Well, once when I was a little girl and once today with that bullet." I answered.

     "That bullet wasn't aimed to kill." The man with the glasses pointed out.

     "No doubt about that. But that would have hit my leg, incapacitating me. Then they would have dragged me off to HYDRA for god knows what. Probably to try and turn me into the next generation Winter Soldier." I responded as I looked down at the HYDRA soldiers. "I don't want to take up any space in your home and I defiantly don't want HYDRA tracking me there, putting you guys in danger."

     Before I could even turn to walk again they all started laughing. I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

     "Did you hear about the alien attack on New York?" The man with the glasses asked. I laughed slightly and nodded.

     "Yeah. I actually snuck out of the orphanage and faught." I smiled and they all looked at me like I was insane.

     "The small midguardian child speaks the truth. She faught by my side for some of the time." The one with the hammer smiled.

     "Point being," the man with the shield started. "We're always in danger. The least we could do is help you with yours. And maybe get you some food and new clothes." He smiled and I shook my head.

     "I don't want to cost you anything Sir." I responded, slightly scared that they were like everyone else.

     "None sense kid. I'm the Tony Stark. I'm a billionaire." The man in the suit smiled as I patted my shoulder.

     I visibly winced and tried to make myself as small as possible, scared he was going to hurt me.

     "It's okay. None of us here are going to hurt you." The girl assured me as she walked over to me. She pulled me into a hug and, at first, I tensed in protest. But I eventually warmed into it and hugged her back. The last time I felt this welcomed and safe was when I was with Luke and mom.

     I buried my face in the shoulder of her leather uniform as she gently stroked my hair, effectively calming me down.

     "Wow Nat. I knew you were good, but not this good." The man with the bow smiled. Nat chuckled slightly as she let go of me.