Chapter 5

"Care to share with the class?" Tony asked, looking in between Fury and I. I kept my gaze on Fury, my arms crossed over my chest as I walked through the line of Avengers and Loki and stopped directly in front of Fury.

     "He see's me as a threat. Not only that, but I scare him. Anything that's different that he can't get to join SHIELD he marks down as a threat and either wants them terminated or thrown into the raft. Since the government can't get a control on the X-Men and other mutants, he has begun to fear them. Not only that, I'm the only thing he doesn't know every little thing about." I explained, stepping even closed to Fury until we were practically chest to chest. 

     "But that's not all, is it Director?" I sneered. "You don't like how I've turned you down every chance you've offered me to join SHIELD, you don't know anything about me or who I am, you fear what you don't understand, such as mutants, and you see me as a threat. But, you also don't trust your team, who don't even work under you, mind you, to make their own decisions. You don't trust them to dispose of me properly and you're scared they're going to take my side when SHIELD comes for my ass. You're also scared that I might corrupt them. Turn the Avengers bad. You're scared of my skills, and you're scared of what I could possibly do when someone pisses me off too much. You're also scared that I work for the wrong people. Such as HYDRA or the Red Room. Now isn't that right, Director Nicholas J. Fury?" I asked, never once removing the sneer from my face.

     Seeing that the man was now thoroughly terrified, I smirked slightly and took a step back then turned back to the Avengers.

     "Sound about right to you guys?" I asked as I uncrossed my arms. They were all looking at me with awestruck expressions then they looked over to Fury, who was still momentarily petrified.

     "Did she just-"

     "Show up Director Fury?" Nat and Clint asked, having known him the longest. I smiled slightly then looked over to Loki, walking so I was in front of him once again. He had his head downcast to the floor and I smiled softly at him.

     "Loki, can you look at me for a second?" I asked gently. He shook his head slightly and I sent Thor and exasperated expression. "Alright, I ain't dealing with this. Leufayson, eyes on me right now." I commanded and Loki looked up at me. Instead of the bright blue eyes he had when I had seen him last, his eyes were now back to their regular green. I chuckled softly and smiled at him. "Finally dumped Thanos' ass?" I asked with a smirk and he smirked back.

     "Once I had failed taking over Midguard he let me go, saying I was of no use to him any longer. You and those Guardians of the Galaxy defiantly shook him up, defeating Ronan the Accuser and stealing back the power stone." He hesitated for a second then looked over to me. "Where did you guys put it." He asked cautiously, clearly frightened Thanos would get his hands on his.

     "Don't worry. I've got it. Both the Nova Core and the Guardians trusted me, so they gave it to me. Never let it out of my sight." I explained, fiddling with the locket like necklace I wore around my neck to give him a hint. He noticed and nodded slightly in understanding. "It's safe and sound. Almost all of them are. And I've been in contact with the people who wield them." I explained and turned back to the rest of them, who were utterly confused. "I'll explain it to you all later, I promise." I assured them.

     Just as Thor opened his mouth, undoubtedly to ask a question, my wrist piece vibrated letting me know I was getting a call on the computer system I had designed. I looked back to the others and smirked. 

     "Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I'm getting a call from one of my teams. So, I'm going to let you guys have your little talk." I smirked with a wink then turned around and walked out the door. I held my left arm out, tapping the wrist guard twice to reveal the man I had first considered my older brother. Logan Howlette. The Wolverine.