4 - Arrangement

CHRIS' POV

Wala kaming imikan ni Bianca habang bumibiyahe kami pauwi sa bahay niya. I know she is pissed dahil sa nangyayari.

"What's your favorite food, wifey?" I wanted to break the ice between us.

Nakita kong inirapan lang niya ako at itinutok ang tingin sa kalsada. "Wifey pinagsasabi mo?"

"I'll try to cook for you tomorrow. Do you like Italian food? Mediterrenean?" I tried hard not to laugh. Her face was really distorted because she was pissed.

"I don't cook food. I buy my own food." matabang na sagot niya.

     I pretended to be shocked with her answer. "You don't cook? Eating home cooked food is good. It takes away your stress. Baka kaya ka masungit kasi stressed ka. Don't worry, because I your husband I am going to cook all your favorite food. Tell what are those," I was confident to say because I know how to cook.

      Bianca rolled her eyes because of frustration and stepped on the accelerator of the car. It sped faster almost hitting other cars.

"Calm down, Bianx. Baka ma-aksidente naman tayo." I tightened my grip on the seat belt and looked at the road. Bianca was driving too fast. "Can you please slow down? Stop being hostile to me. I am your husband for Christ sake. You should be sweet, caring. Loving to me. Not trying to kill me." Pinagmukha kong nalulungkot ang mukha ko.

She cut her eyes at me and slowed down. "Please. I told you I don't want to have a husband."

"Aww. You hurt my feelings, wifey," I acted as if I was really hurt with what she said.

"Good. So you better give me the divorce that I am asking." She was just looking at the road and pretending I was not here.

"Nope. Sorry. One month," I reminded her of our agreement earlier.

"What's with your fucking one month rule?" I couldn't contain my laughter. I don't know why I find her cute when she's pissed.

I took a deep breath and reclined my seat. I let myself relaxed on the passenger seat.

"Okay. Let me tell you something. I am not the person you thought I am and I don't think you need to know anything about it. Just the basics. I am Chris Kutcher your husband and you are my wife," Bianca was going to say something when I signaled her to stop. "I know. I know. One month."

Bianca shook her head in disbelief. She blew out an exasperated breath.

"What if I'll pay you? For being my wife for one month? Will it lessen your burden?"

"I don't want your money. I want a divorce."

"Yes and I'll still pay you."

Hindi siya sumagot.

"I am telling you, Bianca. Hindi ka lugi dito. I am just asking for one month and then I'll be out from your life. Saka hindi ka naman lugi sa akin. I am good looking and," at kumindat pa ako sa kanya. "I am good in bed. Nasubukan mo na naman 'di ba?"

"Hindi ka lang baliw, mayabang ka pa." Inis na sabi niya sa akin at padabog niyang ipinark ang kotse niya sa harap ng bahay niya.

"May ipagyayabang naman ako," sagot ko habang nakasunod sa kanya nang bumaba siya sa kotse. "'Di ba? I am gifted on that part. And you know what kind of body part I am talking about." Nang-aasar pa rin ako.

Hindi siya sumagot at dire - diretso lang siya sa loob ng bahay. Nakasunod lang ako sa kanya. Lalo siyang sumimangot nang makita ang mga maleta ko sa sala.