Chapter 2

I got so annoyed with all the noise that I grabbed the pan and hit him in the head.

"Ouch!" he cried. He rubbed his head lightly as I laughed.

"Not my fault"

"Yeah... ok" I can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"We better get ready before mom gets home."

                  *page break*

We arrived right before the bell. As I head to class I catch a cute guy with stormy blue eyes looking at me.

I look away quickly and walk to my first class. My first class is history.  I end up sitting next to the guy I saw in the hallway.

He passes me a note:

Hey Tris, the winter dance is on Saturday... wanna go with me?

I blush like crazy and write my answer. I try to cover it up while handing him the paper. My cover-up wasn't very good, because he smirks when he notices my red cheeks.

He reads my answer and winks. This is what I wrote:

Yes,  as long as you don't act like an ass... then fine.

I try to contain my laughter,  but end up laughing so hard that I fall out of my chair.

He laughs and helps me up. The teacher walks in just as I sit down.

"Hello class! We have a new student today. Tris Prior, would you like to introduce yourself?"

I stand up and two guys whistle making me blush. One of them I already know.  I turn around and scold him playfully.  He smirks again making me smile.

"Hello, I am Tris and I am from Abnegation. I transferred to Dauntless yesterday and I have a brother who is very annoying. "

Everyone laughs at the last part, even I can't help but laugh. I sit back down while the stormy blue guy smiles at me.

"By the way, my name is Tobias." That name rung a bell... where have I seen him before?

"Well, my name is Tris... obviously."

He laughs a little too loud so everyone is looking in our direction.

He stops laughing as the bell rings. When I get up I notice the teacher was giving a speech while Tobias and I were talking. Off to my next class.