Chapter 5

The next day after school, I met with Amber and drove to my place.

"Amber we need to talk," I said when we were inside the house.

"About what?" Amber asked as she took a seat on the couch and I joined her.

"About us,"

"What about us?"

"I want to know where I stand with you, are we friends or more than friends?" I asked nervously. This the moment where I will find out if I have a future with Amber or not. I know we will because we are mates but I don't know where Amber sees our relationship going. I need to know how she feels about us.

"I don't know. What do you want us to be?" Amber asked.

"I want us to be proper mates, to be proper mates we need to be more than friends but you have to want it too," I replied nervously.

"I do,"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes," Amber confirmed and I crushed my lips to hers without a thought.

Can I talk to her now Lee asked.

Stupid possessive wolf, why now? Can't he leave me alone for one minute? I ignored the annoying wolf.

Don't ignore me. You said I could talk to her.

Not now.

Fine. You either mark her right now or I'll take over and talk to her.

Fine I sighed.

Fine what?

I'll mark her right now.

I moved to my mate's neck. I dug my teeth in and Amber whimpered in pain. I rubbed her back gently and was about to take them out but my wolf stopped me.

A few more seconds. I waited.
Ok now you can stop.

I took my teeth out of my mate's skin, there was blood there, I licked it away ad Amber shivered.

"Jay what did you just do?" Amber asked when all the blood was gone.

"I marked you," I said with great pride and my wolf puffed his chest out with the same feeling.

"Why didn't you tell me? You scared me," Amber accused.

"I'm sorry, my wolf was getting impatient," I apologised.

"Your wolf?"

"Yeah,"

"Can I meet him?" Amber asked curiously.

"Meet who?"

Me she wants to meet me my wolf told me.

Hell no I disagreed.

"Your wolf," Amber clarified my worst fear. I'd kind of hoped she'd never want to meet my wolf and we'd be happy.

"Why do you want to meet him?" I asked.

"I just want to see what he looks like,"

"Is that all?" I made sure. If she just wants to see what he looks like then I guess I can allow it to happen.

"Yeah and maybe I can talk to him,"

"Talk to him about what?" my eyes went wide.

"I don't know," Amber shrugged her shoulders.

"No," I said. "You can't see him,"

"Why not?"

"I'm afraid," I admitted.