25. Breakfast

Puck, Quinn, Santana and Sam sitting eating breakfast.

"So what happened to Artie?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah I didn't see him all day yesterday" Santana reply.

"Well, we've got one piece of evidence. There are only four little soldier boys on the beach. Looks like Artie's dead." Puck mention.

"Then why haven't you found his body?" Quinn pointed out.

"Exactly. It could have been thrown into the ocean?" Sam said.

"By whom? You? Me? Neither of us would have had time." Puck reply.

"I don't know. But I do know that it was your revolver. It was in your possession, and it's back there now. There's nothing to show that it hasn't been in your possession all along."  Sam said. 

"We were all searched!" Puck said.

"And you'd hidden it away!" Sam said.

"You blockhead, it was the greatest surprise when I found it back in my drawer!" Puck said.

"You ask us to believe a thing like that? Why should the murderer put it back?" Santana said.

"How should I know? It's crazy! And pointless!" Puck answered.

"Yes! You might have thought of a better story!" Sam reply.

"Rather proves I'm telling the truth, right?" Puck said.

"I don't see it that way." Santana looking at Puck said.

"You wouldn't." Puck said.

"Look, if you're an honest man, as you pretend –" Sam reply.

"When have I ever claimed to be an honest man? I never said that." Puck reply.

"If you're speaking the truth, there's only one thing to be done. As long as you have that revolver,Quinn, Santana and I are at your mercy. The only fair thing to do is to put that revolver with the drugs that are locked up... and you and I will hold the keys." Sam answered.

"Don't be stupid!" Puck reply.

"You won't agree to that?" Santana said.

"No. That is my revolver. I need it to defend myself." Puck comes in saying.

"In that case we're bound to come to one conclusion." Sam answered.

"That I'm Weston? Think what you want. But if I were him, why didn't I shoot you last night? I could have at at least 20 different moments." Puck said.

"I don't know. You must have some reason." Sam reply.

"I think you're both behaving like a pair of idiots." Quinn comes in conversation.

"What?" Puck answered.

"You've forgotten the rhyme. Five little soldier boys going out to sea, A red herring swallowed one and then there were four. That's the vital clue. Artie's not dead. He took away the china soldier to make you think he was dead. But he's on the island still. His disappearance is a red herring across the trail..." Quinn said

"You know, you may be right." Puck reply.

"Yes, but where is he? We searched thebeach from top to bottom." Sam added.

"Well, we couldn't find the revolver!" Santana said.

"But there's a slight difference in size between a revolver and a man!" Puck said.

"I don't care – I'm sure I'm right." Quinn said.

"Rather giving himself away, mentioning a red herring, isn't he?" Sam said.

"But don't you see he's mad! It's all mad! The whole rhyme idea is mad! Killing Finn, chopping Blaine when he was chopping sticks, drugging Kurt and Brittany so that they overslept themselves, arranging for a bumblebee when Tina and Rachel died! It's like some horrible child playing a game. It's all got to fit in!" Quinn said.

"Yes, you're right. At any rate there's no zoo on the island. He'll have a bit of trouble getting over that." Santana said.

"No. We're the Zoo. Last night, we were hardly human anymore. We're the Zoo..." Quinn said.