Chapter 3

Asfand is slowly knocked into his senses about his feelings for Zubia, while she on the other hand is still keeping her self guarded not wanting to get herself hurt again. She can't bear anymore heart breaks whilst this is her last chance of living a peaceful life.

Next day afternoon at the hospital, there is a chaos going on as there has been a major accident and there was a flood of patients in the hospital. All doctors were asked to extend their shifts and all off duty doctors were also called back to the hospital. 

Zubia has just finished her 19 hour shift before she was asked not to leave. Asfand also just came from home to look into the situation. He quickly came and Dr.Sheroze assigned doctors their duties and has asked Zubia and Asfand to work together to handle the cases much to Zubia's dismay as she wanted to stay away from him. 

After almost 8 hours, all the patients were treated. Zubia was tired as she hasn't eaten anything or has slept for a long while now. There was a 13 year old kid admitted with joint dislocation. They had to correct it by twisting his leg. He was the last patient. Both of them have been acting very professionally throughout the night not letting their feelings get the worse of them. 

"Aap jaldi se injection lagade" Asfand instructs Zubia asking her to administer a pain killer for the kid.

However the pain killer doesn't seem to be doing any good and the kid is crying in pain. Zubia goes to the kid's side and holds his hand with her injured hand. 

Asfand is busy examining the kid's leg and can only hear Zubia consoling the kid and did not see that she held the kid's hand. He suddenly twists the kid's joint. 

*Aahhhhh* the kid screams in pain and presses his hand against Zubia's hardly.

*Aahhhhh* Zubia also leaves a small cry as it hurt her hand which was already hurt.

Asfand's head shot up suddenly as he hears Zubia's cry. By now, blood has already started oozing out her hand. 

"Ye kya kia aapne?" Asfand shouts at her with anger and concern.

"Please don't touch the patient" he continues. 

Zubia steps aside silently not saying anything more otherwise Asfand's anger would have reached the roof.

"Aap theek hojayenge, bas ye dawayi waqt par lelena" he tells the kid and the kid nods.

"Please follow me" he says to Zubia with his Hitler expression.

They both got to the doctor's room, it's empty. He actions her to sit and he sits beside her and starts removing the bandage and cleaning the wound.

"Dr.Zubia, aap ek doctor hai, aur apki health apki strength hai. Ye baat mujhe aapko baar baar remind kyu karna padta hai?" he asks her and there is no answer from her, so he continues...