Chapter 4

"Aaram se devar ji, muhh jal jayega"  Geti says to Asfand as he spills coffee onto his shirt as soon as she mentions the topic of Zubia's marriage proposal.

"Kaafi good looking  ladka  hai mama aur decent bhi lagraha tha, keh rahi thi ki America mei doctor hai aur family bhi bohot achi hai, Zubia ki khaala ki khwaish hai ki uski  shaadi jald se jald karde" she continues talking to Lubna who pretends to be listening when they both are actually trying to see Asfi's reaction from the corner of their eyes. 

Asfand is getting frustrated but isn't able to leave from there

"Toh kya usne haan kardi" Lubna asks.

"Abhi tak to nahi ki, lekin mujhe lagta hai use haan kardena chahiye, itna accha rishta baar baar thodi milega" Geti says.

"Haan sahi keh rahi ho, itni pyaari ladki hai Zubia, woh jo bhi ghar jayegi, uss ghar  ko khushiyon se bhardegi" Lubna says.

Asfand can't take it anymore. 

"Mai walk pe jake aata hu" he excuses himself from there and leaves. 

He goes out for a walk and keeps thinking about Zubia constantly. He can't brush her thoughts off. He curses himself as he feels he is about to lose his love again. The pain becomes unbearable for him.

Zubia on the other hand has called and told her khala that she doesn't want to get married just yet

Zubia on the other hand has called and told her khala that she doesn't want to get married just yet. She firmly tells her not to look for any proposals no matter what. Khala also agrees to give Zubia some time.

Asfi is haunted by the thought of Zubia getting married and leaving him and he shivers at the thought of losing her.

Next day in the hospital, Asfand is at the reception talking to someone when Zubia arrives about 30 mins late.

"Assalamwalekum" she says to Asfand.

"Walekum salam" he replies and continues, "Dr.Zubia aap late hai, iss hospital mei punctuality aur responsibity do cheeze hai jo bohot important hai, agar apko apni waqt ki kadar nahi hai to kam se kam dusron ki waqt ki kadar karle aap. Next time agar aap late hui, toh apko phir se kabhi hospital aane ki zaroorat nahi hai" he says very coldly channeling his sadness and helplessness into anger.