Chapter 9

*Before going ahead with the reading, please do watch the VM above. It's my favorite and depicts Asfia love story to a T*

"Behen? Matlab jaante hai aap iss rishte ka?" Asfand asked furrowing his brows.

Rehan's face falls down in shame and embarrassment. He was right. He didn't know what a brother and sister relationship is. How could he otherwise kick his sister out of the house?

"Aap theek keh rahe hai. Ek bhai hokar mai apni behen ki hifazat nahi karsaka, usko yateemon ki tarah garah se nikaal diya... aur aaj yaha aakar usko aur takleef diya hai maine... uski iss halat ki wajah sirf mai hu"  he said still looking down.

"Aap ne kyu kiya uske saath aisa?"

There is no answer from Rehaan who is still silently looking down.

"Aap ki wajah se, aap ki galat rawaayon ki wajah se woh kisi par bharosa karne ki kaabil nahi rahi... kisi ko apni zindagi mei shaamil karne ki  halat mei nahi rahi... khud ko aziyat deti rahi... na usne apne mustaqbil ke bare mei socha aur naahi apne kushiyon ke baare mei"

Rehaan listens carefully to everything Asfand is saying and his guilt over abandoning his sister is clearly visible in his eyes. 

"Mai Zubia ko bohot pasand karta hu

"Mai Zubia ko bohot pasand karta hu... aur meri family bhi usse bohot pasand karti hai... mai usse shaadi karna chahta tha, lekin usne mana kardiya. Mujhe uss waqt samajh nahi aaya ki usne aisa kyu kiya... maine kal jab apke khaala se baat ki toh pata chala woh kin halaton se guzri... aur jab mujhe samajh aaya... woh... iss tarah hospital mai hai" Asfand says, all his emotions visible in his eyes.

And now Rehaan knows why Asfand was so upset. He could clearly see Asfand's love for his little sister. How fortunate was she to be loved by a man like him. 

"Ab bas mei yeh chahta hu ke woh theek hojaye aur kuch nahi" with that he leaves the room. 

Rehaan now knows what loving someone truly is. It is to accept them and protect them for who they are and not to judge them for their one single mistake. He decides to apologize to his sister and make sure that she is happy and lives the life she wants to.

It's been 2 days since Zubia's accident. Rehaan sends his wife and kid back to Karachi as his son was alright and was discharged the same day. Sheema tries to protest asking him to go back with them begging him not meet with Zubia after what she has done and that she will disrupt their lives again. Rehaan gets very angry and gives her an ultimatum that if she doesn't shut up and stop talking negatively about his sister, he will take his son away and divorce her. Looking at Rehaan's anger and very well knowing that he will do it if she didn't listen to him, she simply takes the kid and goes. Zubia was still unconscious due to the pain meds and other medications because she met with a serious accident and her mind and body went through a severe trauma. 

Asfand is sitting on the bench in the park thinking about Zubia. He hasn't really been able to sleep or eat or concentrate on anything for that matter since her accident. He closes his eyes and tries to relax for a minute. Suddenly, the accident scene flashes in front of his eyes and Zubia laying in a pool of blood. He wakes up with a jerk and goes to check on her immediately. As soon as he enters the room, he sees that she is resting peacefully and that her vitals are fine. He opens her file to check her reports.