Chapter 7

"Dr. Asfandyar Ali Khan"

"Toh hum aaj hi apne bacche ko lejate hai" Rehan says eagerly.

"Abhi humne medicines dena shuru kia hai, uss cycle ko khatam hone mei ek hafta lagega, woh khatam hote hi aap leja sakte hai. Mai Dr. Asfandyar se aaj hi baat karunga" the doctor informs them.

Later in the evening Asfand gets a call regarding a pediatric surgery and tells them that he will schedule the operation in a week.

He comes home in the evening to see Lubna and Geti chatting, he joins them.

"Ab hume aur kitna intezar karna hoga Asfi? Kab bataouge tum Zubia ko?" Geti questions him

"Kal" he declares.

"Kya vakai?" Geti asks.

Asfand just nods his head and flashes a smile at both of them.

"Ye toh bohot kushi ki baat hai... mai abhi jake Usman ko batati hu... Kitni saari tayyariyan karni hai" Lubna says getting all excited.

"Calm down Mama, pehle mujhe usse baat toh karne de" he says and leaves from there.

Lubna and Geti are very excited and share this news with Usman who is very happy that finally his son will start living his life again. 

Next Morning Asfand quickly has breakfast and leaves to meet Zubia. He couldn't sleep all night thinking about her. He was excited, happy and also a little scared. He has never done this before. Asfand reaches the place where Zubia is busy teaching the kids. He doesn't want to disturb her and stands to a corner folding his hands leaning on to a tree and admiring her. She can't see him as her back is towards him and the kids can see him. 

Zubia looks behind as she sees that her students are a little distracted

Zubia looks behind as she sees that her students are a little distracted. She turns back to meet Asfand's intense gaze. She questions him with raised eyebrows. He gestures with his hands to continue her class and that he will wait. Zubia nods her head and continues her class which gets done in 15 minutes. She comes to him after she packs her stuff and they both greet each other. 

"Aap yaha kaise?" she asks him.

"Woh mujhe tumse ek zaroori  baat karni thi"

"Toh aap mujhe call karlete, ya hum kal hospital mai baat karlete"

"Nai, woh darsal mai tumse milkar baat karna chahta tha... kya hum kahi baith kar baat karsakte hai?"

"Ji" 

They both walk for about 5 minutes before they reach the park and they sit on the bench. There is no one in the park and hence a lot of silence and privacy. That is where Geti and Zubia usually talk.

"Ye bohot achi jagah hai na?" Asfand says admiring the nature.

"Haan, mai aksar yahi aati hu jab free hoti hu... aur kabhi kabhi Geti ke saath bhi" she says giving a smile. "Waise aap koi baat karna chahte the"