˚t h r e e˚

hello lovelies!! hit me up on kakaotalk, i'm always down to make friends! we can share memes and talk about anything! my user is @sugarjoonie !!

╔═══"chapter three" ═╗

                                 ╚═ "memories" ═══╝

                          ╚═ "memories" ═══╝

"okay class, that's all for today. have a good rest of your day." the professor dismissed the students, walking away from the podium to his desk where he began to tidy his things.

jeongguk stood from his seat and tucked his books in his bag, happily skipping out of the lecture hall along with the other students. as he walked down the steps, his eyes scanned the courtyard in front of him.

where is he? jeongguk thought, lips curling downward when he didn't see who he was looking for.

"looking for someone?" a familiar voice asked from beside him, and jeongguk turned to see jimin smiling with one hand on the strap of his backpack.

jeongguk sent a small smile back to his best friend. "yeah, seokjin hyung was supposed to come get me after class, we were gonna get coffee." the nineteen year old tried not to let the disappointment in his voice show, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

jimin frowned, sensing the younger was upset but didn't want to talk about it. "well, hey, i'm free. wanna go get coffee with me?" he tried to cheer his youngest best friend up.

"really? you're not gonna go out with tae?"

jimin smacked the ravenette on the bicep. "i don't have to hang out with him every second of my life, guk. besides, he has class. come on, i'll even treat." the shorter adjusted his bag on his shoulders as he waited for the younger to agree.

"okay, sure," jeongguk finally nodded, after doing a final scan of the area for his boyfriend. he let the shorter male lead him away from the building, heading down the path to one of the campus cafés.

the two walked in comfortable silence for a bit, both of them not feeling the need to fill the air with awkward small talk. jeongguk looked up at the blooming cherry blossom trees above them, a small smile on his face. he couldn't help but allow his memories to take over.

"i can't believe you actually went to all this trouble for me," jeongguk giggled as he unpacked the basket.

seokjin flashed him a bright smile from where he lay on the blanket, watching his boyfriend happily explore the picnic he'd packed. propping himself up on one elbow, he reached into the basket with his other hand and pulled out a bottle of soju, not missing the glint in jeongguk's eye as the younger noticed the drink in seokjin's hand.

"planning on getting drunk on our date?" jeongguk pouted, but it was only teasing. "not without me, i hope." he reached over and before seokjin realized, the soju was uncapped and jeongguk was gulping down the alcoholic beverage.

"hey, that was for me! i packed banana milk for you," seokjin frowned, taking back the bottle.

jeongguk giggled, pushing the basket away and laying down next to his boyfriend, head resting on the arm that was propping seokjin up. they lay there for a few minutes, watching the cherry blossoms sway in the breeze. "hey, seokjin?"

"hm?"

"i love you."

seokjin felt a warmth spread in his chest, and tilted his head down to gaze at jeongguk, who was shyly looking up at him with a pink blush on his cheeks. leaning down, he connected their lips in a sweet and loving kiss, with no urgency or haste to it–they were just revelling in the feeling of each other. "i love you more," seokjin murmured as he pulled away, brushing jeongguk's bangs out of his dark eyes.

"guk? you coming?"

jimin's voice brought jeongguk back to reality, and he quickly shook off the memory and followed his best friend into the coffee shop, blinking away the tears in his eyes.

jimin shut the door behind him, kicking off his shoes as he dumped his bag on the floor.

"jiminie?" taehyung's head poked out from behind the wall. his hair was messy, a sign he'd been running his hands through it obsessively, and his glasses were perched on his nose. he scooted his desk chair out, arms reaching out for his boyfriend.

smiling widely, jimin crossed the room and sat down on the younger's lap, arms wrapping around taehyung's neck. "when did you get back from class?"

"about half an hour ago," was taehyung's reply as he encircled his arms around jimin's waist. "where were you?" he asked, pecking jimin's lips.

"out for coffee with jeongguk. he was upset because i guess seokjin stood him up or something." jimin mumbled into taehyung's neck, small hands clutching the soft fabric of his boyfriend's sweater.

taehyung hummed, eyebrows furrowing. "you know, he mentioned something like that to me a few days ago, something like seokjin disappearing for the whole night and not answering his texts the whole next day."

jimin lifted his head to look taehyung in the eyes, suddenly concerned. "you think something's going on with them?" he asked quietly, biting his plump lower lip.

taehyung sighed, looking at the floor. patting jimin's bottom reassuringly, the younger looked back up at his boyfriend. "i'm sure they'll work whatever this is out. they love each other so much, you know that."

"yeah, i guess you're right," jimin frowned, resting his head in the crook of taehyung's neck again.

"hey, why don't we go get food and forget about this?" taehyung suggested, smiling the boxy smile that never failed to make jimin's knees weak. "i'm nearly done the project i was working on, i'll finish it up while you shower and then we can go, okay?"

jimin beamed back, leaning in and pressing a kiss to the younger's lips before hopping off his lap. "okay, hurry up!" he sang as he snatched his towel before making his way into the bathroom.

roughly forty minutes later, the two were freshened up and making their way to their new favourite restaurant, a small little thai place that was a short five minute walk from their dorms. they walked hand in hand, ignoring the occasional dirty looks shot their way and enjoying the time spent together.

"it's been a while since we had a proper date, hasn't it?" taehyung mused, squeezing jimin's hand and running his thumb over the knuckles. the shorter just nodded, and taehyung looked at the cement path beneath their feet. "i'm sorry i've been busy lately, with the internship and classes, i promise i'll make it up to you."

jimin stopped walking, startling taehyung slightly. the elder grabbed taehyung by the shoulders, not roughly but firmly, staring him in the eyes. "taehyungie. don't think for a second that i'm ever upset that you're focused on following your dreams. it doesn't matter to me that we can't have dates three times a week, i get to see you every night when i come home from classes and that's more than enough. you're all i ever want to come home to, kim taehyung. i love you, okay?"

taehyung didn't realize he'd started crying until he felt jimin reach out and wipe his cheeks with his thumbs. "shh, tae-ah, don't cry. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to upset you." jimin whispered in a soft voice.

taehyung shook his head, sniffling. "it's okay. i just, i don't know why i got so emotional. i love you too, you know? so much." he stepped forward and hugged the shorter tightly, soaking in the warmth his body provided. "i just wanna give you the world."

"oh, taehyungie. i don't need the world, love, all i need is you."