7: The White Lotus

"Hey, ain't that you two?" You asked, pointing at a poster in the Misty Palms Oasis.

"Oh no." Both men responded simultaneously. Iroh however, had found a way out of the situation unbeknownst to you. As you and the men ventured over to another old man, you noticed that some patrons had begun eyeing you.

You watched as Iroh sat down.

"Uncle! We do not have time for a game!" Zuko chided.

"I always have time for Pai Sho, nephew." Iroh responded as he began laying tiles down with his opponent in an intricate manner. This went on for a few minutes as the bar grew more and more restless.

Just as two men approached the table, the old man suddenly got up and shouted.

"I knew it. You two are wanted criminals with giant bounties on your heads!" he turned to the two strange men and shouted even louder, "You think you're going to capture them and collect all that gold!"

Then, all hell broke loose. Chairs flew, brawls broke out and the old man lead you, Iroh and Zuko out a secret passageway.

As they traveled to a flower shop, you listened to Iroh make small talk and Zuko say derisive statements about flower arranging and Pai Sho.

"Maybe if ya just shut up and watch what's happenin' you would git it, huh?" You finally said to Zuko as you smacked his chest.

Suddenly, a door appeared in front of you all. "Members Only" it read. This meant you and Zuko were pushed away as Iroh was lead inside.

"So..." Zuko turned and looked at you. "It... It could be awhile... Is there anything you want to do?"

"Like sex?" You asked bluntly.

"What!? N-No, that's... why would you say that!?" Zuko's face was bright red.

"Well ya brought it up earlier."

"Weeks ago! Were you still... thinking about it?" He asked, curiously.

"UH!" It was your turn to be embarrassed, a light dusting of pink finally covering your face as you turned and looked at Zuko sideways. Zuko took this as an opening to get closer to you.

"That's, uh, that's alright. I mean," He leaned against a wall near you, causing you to turn away again as you became more flustered. "I... kind of like knowing that you thought of it. I mean, I didn't know you could... you know... blush. It's cute." He kept trying to come face-to-face with you, but you skillfully rotated to keep him at your side.

I never felt this way... You thought to yourself. Earlier when I met him I didn't even care. I touched 'im and I didn't care. Now I'm doin' the whole sideways thing. At least he don't know that it means I like 'im even more.

"YN, we've got some time to burn, I thought we could get to know each other." Zuko ventured, feeling brave now that you weren't so aggressive. And indeed you weren't. You and Zuko were literally spinning in circles as you tried to avoid him and he tried to look you in the eyes.

Finally, as Zuko's pupils became swirls he reached out to stop you. It felt like lightning as he wrapped his hand around your waist. Instantly, you clenched up your hands, causing Zuko to freeze.

"YN." Zuko said with his teeth clenched. "I'm not trying to hurt you. I just wanted a..."

"A what?" You asked as you turned to face him, feeling safer with Zuko being stuck in place.

"Kiss." His face lit up once again, red in embarrassment.