59: Threats & Relaxation

"So... here you go... home sweet home, I guess, you know, for now. Unpack?... Lunch, soon?... Uhhh.... Welcome... Aboard?" Sokka mumbled as he lead Zuko into his new room at the Western Air Temple.

Zuko looked back at the teen and awkwardly smiled.

"Yeah..." Sokka slipped out of the room and turned to Aang. "Okay this is really, really weird."

But just as those two left and Zuko set you down on the bed and thought he could get comfortable, Katara walked in.

"You might have everyone else here buying your... transformation, but you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past." She walked up to him and got in his face. "So let me tell you something, right now. You make one step backward,"

Your eyelids fluttered awake and you listened to the events play out in front of you.

"One slip up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang, and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore. Because I'll make sure your destiny ends... right then and there. Permanently." And with that, she turned on her heels and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Zuko's shoulder's slumped and he sat next to you on the bed, with his head in his hands.

"She thinks she big." You laughed lightly, startling Zuko.

"Are you feeling alright?" He laid next to you and stroked your hair.

"I'm fine." You looked into his eyes; full of guilt and worry. "Y'know, I ain't think ya gonna have a problem this time."

"Why's that?" Zuko's brow wrinkled in confusion.

"I ain't gonna letcha." Reaching forward, you kissed his nose. "I'm sick'a ya shit."

"Such a foul mouth on you sometimes." Zuko chuckled. "It's been such a long day and it's not even halfway done yet. Are you hungry? Do you want to go for a swim? What would you like to do?"

"Oooo a swim sounds real nice. Maybe after lunch. I'm so tired. Can't we just lay here?" You intertwined your legs with his and his arm trailed down your long skirt.

"I liked your old clothes better..." He mumbled with a smile.

"I'll put those on fer swimmin'." You reassured him as you took a deep, relaxing breath.

Immediately, his face turned red as he thought about seeing you in those clothes that he had first met you in. They were so... provocative to him. Covering so little that he couldn't help but fill in the blank spaces in his mind.

"I might... I might have to have you again then." He whispered.

Suddenly, you heard banging on your door, causing both of you to jump.

"Are you two lovebirds coming to lunch or what?!" Toph's voice rang out. "We're not going to wait! I'm starving!"

You laughed as you sat up.

"Well thanks fer carryin' me back, Zu. I'll be goin' to lunch now. Ya comin'?" You pushed your hair out of your face.

"Yeah." He smiled and swished the hair out of his own face. "Yeah, I'm coming. You're pretty heavy."

"Just for that, I'm gonna give ma self a head start." You laughed and ran out the door, freezing his ankles and feet to the ground.

"Hey!" He called out. "No fair!"