66: Overheating

"Ugh, I ain't feelin' well this mornin' Zu." You groaned and held your stomach and fanned your face as you laid in bed. "Lemme sleep in."

"I don't even believe you! If you want to sleep in, just say so. I'm not going to make you get up if you don't want to. I really need to get to training Aang. There's only three days until Sozin's Comet and we already took one night off to see that awful play." He kissed your head. "I hope you come join us later."

You groaned again as Zuko left and you laid down to recount the last conversation about the play last night as you tried to feel better.

"That... wasn't a good play." Zuko said outloud, pulling you close to him. He was extra possessive the rest of the night. Especially since you were so snippy about how your character looked and acted. He already hadn't thought it was a good play but now that you didn't like it he had to double down.

"I'll say." Aang shook his head.

"No kidding." Katara seconded Aang.

"Horrible." Suki couldn't help but add a car to the train of hate.

"Absolute garbage." You nodded in agreement.

"You said it." Toph nodded as she walked forward with the rest of the group.

Sokka walked up next to Suki as the rest of the crew headed back for the evening. It was a decent walk, but no one seemed to be in the mood for talking. Except for one last comment.

"But the effects were decent!" Sokka added positively.

You laughed at the memory; it would be something you would never forget. 

But the laughter made your stomach twist and turn more and eventually you had to sit up and go throw up whatever was left in it from last night's snacks. When you finally made it outside to the training area, you didn't see anyone around except for Zuko.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked grumpily.

"No." You shook your head. "Are you feelin' worse?"

"Yes. He won't train! I don't understand! It's like he doesn't understand how important this is!" Flames shot out of Zuko's nose as he explained his frustration.

You felt dizzy as the heat hit you and stumbled slightly. Zuko sighed and held your hands.

"If you're sick, YN, you should just rest. Don't worry about spending time with us. I think I'm going to just force Aang into training... And honestly, I don't want you to have to run around avoiding my flames. Why don't you just go back inside and lay down?"

"I think Imma go down to the beach and lay in the water. Maybe it's the heat..." You shook your head slowly. "I ain't used to bein' in so much clothes..."

You were back in Fire Nation clothes once again now that everyone was on the island and honestly, they were cloistering. 

"Strip down." Zuko stroked your hair. "Put your swim clothes on and go sit in the water. I just want you to feel better. Just watch out, because I'm going to come for Aang, alright?" 

"A'ight."

You gave him a kiss and went back up to the beach house to change. Anything to get out of these clothes, you supposed.