Chapter 11: Alone time

(Unedited)
You never enjoyed your life
Living inside the box
You're so afraid of taking chances
How are you gonna reach the top?
- Greyson Chance

🌀

Sally continued urging Beth to try on the dress.

It is pastel with a few ruffles on the hem, and a little cut-off in the shoulder blade. It just went above her knees. Sally kept insisting her that it compliments her skin tone.

"But Sally, I'd rather buy some pants," she resisted.

"Oh, come on, Beth! When are you gonna transform into a girly girl? I'm gonna have to think that you got your fashion from me," James kidded.

"But you dress like the Grinch," she joked back. James just made a funny face to her.

"Alright, you guys win. Dress me up," she agreed with a sigh.

🌀

They ate in a local restaurant, and both teens devoured their foods like there's no tomorrow. After a day of shopping clothes and buying things that needed for the house, they told Philip to put the items and bags into the trunk of the car.

"You know dad, I'm very happy you spent the day with us," James said.

"Yeah, dad. We must go out again sometime."

Their dad smiled. Sometimes he feels guilty that he doesn't have enough time to bond with his kids. When his wife was gone, he doesn't know where his direction in life will be. But he loves them and will cherish every second that he can offer.

"I'm glad, too. Now, dig in," he replied, trying to lighten the mood.

🌀

After a few weeks of staying low, Jacob decided to go back to the tree.

He isn't expecting see her. She might have gotten scared when she fell and scraped her knee. But she is always in his mind. He can't seem to shook it off everytime he's here. Like there's something about her that he couldn't deny.

He looked around, waiting for her to arrive. It is settled. He wanted to be friends with her. After years of losing his memory, he was locked in his own world. But why is that when he saw her one sunset, he suddenly smiles a little? Why is he excited to return? Is he developing fondness towards a girl he only met once?

There is something about her that makes him want to remember his own identity. He wanted to remember who he is. But that one afternoon, even though he said that he doesn't know who he is, it seemed like he has. He felt calm with her.

After a few hours as the sky started to dim, he made his way back home.

"I'll see her tomorrow," Jacob said to himself.

🌀

Ommoo. I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long. I'll try to update more, fluffies. 😘

-Fluffy