5: sight

I was giddy the whole walk home, a skip in my step and my cheeks were absolutely sore from my grin, but my heart pumped merrily and her embarrassed face was ingrained behind my eyelids. It didn't quite occur to me that I didn't catch her name, but that was quite alright as I still smelled like black tea and a hint of cinnamon.

I'm sure I looked like some maniac, eyes bright and smiling at nothing at all. The late afternoon sun beat down on the sidewalk and the breeze that brushed against my cheeks felt nicer that it usually did. The sky was only half cloudy, like a picture-perfect photo of someone flying a kite over having a picnic.

I'm sure Gemma or mum wouldn't mind if I had a little time to myself to relax. It's not even past four, I needn't be home until dark anyhow. The coffee shop across the street has been tugging at my sight, quaint with loads of greenery to decorate the porch, fairy lights strewn above in small bulbs.

It seems like everything brings me back to her.

I wonder if she enjoyed gardening or if she had an adorable little succulent on a pretty windowsill, or maybe she had a Tumblr blog of bland aesthetic colors or took lovely photos of desert plants. Does she have bunches of cute socks and jean skirts? How often does she brush her hair? My heart longed to know her.

How long does it take her to get out of bed in the morning? Does she tie her left boot first or her right? Does she count her steps to each classroom or does she forget the combination of her locker every so and then? What about her favorite drink or a food she absolutely can't stand?

Does she believe in love at first sight?

Because I do.

A/N JESUS SHOUT OUT TO @LARRYS_RAINBOW BECAUSE YOU MADE ME REALIZE IM A PIECE OF SHIT AND I HAVENT UPDATED SINCE 9/11 AND I NEED TO GET OVER THIS BLOCK I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER