16: dreamy

"You're so pretty when you sleep."

"'M not sleepin', just.. just resting my eyes a lil'.." I mumbled, slowly extending my hand upward to tuck a lock of hair behind her lovely little ear. Through tired eyes, I can see her softly smile. Her lips smooth and curling at the corners as if she's keeping herself from grinning, her eyelashes fluttering, and the dimple in the corner of her lip prominent.

I could stay here forever, truly.

My head in her lap, the winding breeze through both of our hair, and hearing her hum a song that's stuck in her head like she's stuck in mine. The sunlight sifting between the leaves of the tree we sat underneath casting rays across her slightly pink cheek and her cute button nose. It was an ethereal feeling of tuning out the honks and sounds of car engines, the people chattering as they walked through the park to only focus on the pretty vibrations made between timid and melancholy lips.

"Blazy, can I tell you a joke-"

"No."

I blinked and reached out to squeeze her hand. "I promise it's funny this time!" I protested and her grey eyes narrowing down at me and I shrunk away in fear. A monstrosity of butterflies swarmed my stomach as our eyes met, thin eyelashes surrounding fierce and captivating spheres of cloudy skies trapped in irises.

"C'mon, please Blazy. You laugh even though they're not funny!" I pressed a sweet kiss to her palm and she sighed in defeat, her lips already forming the smile that's been ingrained behind my eyelids since the first day of school.

"Okay, Haz, shoot me." I could see hints of her teeth as she tried to purse her lips, attempting to keep herself from smiling even before I started the punchline.

"Why was the frog so happy?" She heaves a deep sigh as I grin innocently. She absentmindedly runs her hands through the tangled curls atop my head as she tries to think of the answer, gnawing on her bottom lip.

"Jeez, honey, I don't know. Why was the frog so happy?" Arabella rolls her eyes and playfully tugs on one of my curls and I whine, immediately hushing when she leans down to kiss my forehead.

"Because he... he, he ate.." I couldn't help but begin to laugh, my chest rumbling as Arabella groans and smacks me lightly.

"Oh my god Harry, what!" She buries her face in her hands, starting to laugh herself.

Through bursts and fits of giggles, I managed to tell her, "Because he ate everything that bugged him!"

"That's horrible!" She snorted and if it was possible, I laughed harder at the cute noises that bubbled out of her mouth.

I loved her laugh more than anything in the world. The deep breaths between every giggle, the way I could see the bottom of every tooth on the roof of her mouth, the dimples that appeared, and the way her eyes squeezed shut.

The light discoloration beneath content eyes and the way her hair was so wonderfully tousled, my heart could possibly implode on itself and splatter a sickly sweet display for the most beautiful girl that my mind has ever had the pleasure of being so fixed upon and she wouldn't ever know that I always tie her Doc Marten's securely so when she resumes to run through my mind, she wouldn't ever trip and fall like I have for her.

How would I tell her that she's all I think about?