6: coin-ka-dink

The bell atop the door jingles delightfully as I push it open.

My skin tingles, they're watching you.

Who's looking at me now? I'm not anything special, just some normal kid. Well, maybe not normal. I'd like to think I am but I've just spent over an hour grinning about someone spilling tea all over me.

The cafe looks as pretty as the outside, more fairy lights and singular bulbs hanging from wires from the ceiling. There's a small waterfall in the corner, an aroma of fresh pastries and spices flooding my senses. Hah, get it? Flooding? Waterfall?

The menu is written in nice cursive in pale pink chalk with looped flowers and curved petals. There's small bouquets of arrangements on every table, and one in the middle of a bar near the wall so people can do their work with an outlet.  It was mostly college students working on homework, the occasional adult charging their phone. The cafe seemed every bit homey and respectable, I loved it already and I haven't even ordered.  A chill runs up my back when I glance towards the waterfall again.

Someone's eyes are on you and you only and they see everything, Harry.

What do you mean everything?

They know your secret, Harry.

No, they don't. No one does. Not mum, not Gemma, not even my middle school best friend, Callum.

"Hey, it's you! Oh man, I'm so sorry about earlier today! Can I buy you a drink?"