10: story time

Arabella Blaise.

The beautiful and mysterious enigma finally placed a title upon her rambunctious personality and graceful smile. I wondered if she had a middle name, whether it'd make her more interesting or just add to her delightful-ness.

Memories of the hours we spent at the cafe continued to spin through my head like a Cupid's Ferris wheel. We both somehow managed to lose track of time, only realizing it was dark after she laughed particularly loud and found it echo as the cafe was nearly empty except for two other patrons.

She even let me walk her home after I insisted that I'd feel better if I knew she got home safely, slyly turning her head as a blush took over porcelain cheeks. As we left the cafe, she immediately zipped up her Adidas jacket, shoving her hands in her pockets as the wind swirled past us, brushing over warm skin. I fought the urge to step closer and pull her under my arm, it'd be rather easy since I was nearly half her size, her figure only managing to reach below my shoulder.

Rounding the corner, our light conversation continued, telling small stories of middle school and how our current high school was, her small frame shook for a moment, trying to brace the frigid wind. Though the sun had already set, a newfound warmth was found as I cautiously wrapped an arm around her shoulder, easing her under my arm where she'd be a tad less cold. It was like the sun had reappeared as she looked up at me, pleasantly surprised, the cutesy embarrassed smile adoring quivering lips.

"Christ, Harry. You're such the gentleman, I can't believe." Gemma interrupted, dabbing her eyes and sniffling as she took another sip of her tea. I scowled, quickly losing my train of thought and placement in the story.

"Yeah, yeah. Now where was I, gosh-dammit." I ran a hand through my hair, drumming my fingers on the wooden table surface as I tried to recall what happened next.

"C'mon now, can't be that hard to remember. I wanna hear the rest!" Gemma whines, rolling her eyes as she yawned.

"Nah, nah, it's late. Jesus, it is late. When the hell did I get home? Okay, so I walked her home and she kissed me on the cheek and you know what she said?" I couldn't help the smile that already broke out as I waited for Gemma to reply.

"What-"

"She said 'tea you later'!"