1

It's cold. So cold. But still, he's sitting on a bench in a park that looks like a ghost town.

Lucian loves to come here at the evening. No one would dare to come through. To scared of this park where 'ghosts should haunt'.

With a cigarette in his hand, he just sat there and stared at nothing. Thinking about what he should do. He knew he needed to go home eventually, but he just didn't want to.

He likes to be alone. To be free. To be left alone with his own haunting thoughts. People would say you need to speak to someone about your dark thoughts, but no one would understand.

So he sits there, alone, thinking. Keeping his mouth shut.

He smokes the cigarette and threw it on the ground. He stomps on it and puffs out the last bit of smoke.

It's getting colder by any minute. His cheeks were tinted a sweet shade of pink and you can see his breath as he exhales. His hands are starting to feel numb.

It happend. His head shot up.

There's something in this park he would have thought to never see. Another human being.

The unknown boy stood a few feet away and just looked at him curiously before he offered him a sweet smile.

Lucian looked at him, shocked for a moment that someone in this town would actually smile at him so truthfully, but his expression changed quickly to this unreadable, cold and dead face.

The boys smile left his lips and he looked kinda hurt. But, why would he care?

"Uhm, sorry if interrupted you. I am new to this town and-"

Lucian chuckled darkly.

"Of course you are"

The boy didn't understand. He looked at Lucian and as he analyzed his face more, he saw the bruises. The black eye, the cut on his lips, the bruise on his cheek, the wound on his forehead.

But he didn't say anything about it.

"What do you mean?" he asked hoping he would get an explanation for Lucian's laughter.

"No one would come to this park. Only if you're new here or insane"

He nooded.

"Oh, so you're also new?" his face lighted up, believing he wasn't the only newbie here.

The bruised boy snorted. "No."

I am insane.

"Right...well, I'm new. My name's Magnus by the way and maybe you could show me around a little bit. You know, I said to myself the first person I would see, I would asked to show me around and that's you. Lucky one, aren't ya'?" Magnus laughed.

Lucian just stared at him unbelievably.

He doesn't know. That's why he's talking to me. Tomorrow he will shit his pants when he sees me because of the people warning him.

He just stands up. Grabbing his pack of cigarettes and his phone, he moves towards the end of the park. Now, he just needed to get home.

But Magnus of course, followed him.

"It's okay if you need to go home. You can show me the things that are on the way and I also know then were you live so we can hang out sometime if you like"

Lucian groaned.

"Leave me alone."

Magnus didn't listen, just continued his rambling.

Stop talking to me. Stop. Stop. Stop.

He couldn't stand it any longer. This boy being so nice to him now,but Lucian knows tomorrow he will ignore him. Because then he knows.

Lucian grabbed Magnus by the collar of his shirt. Magnus stopped his rambling and looked at the other boy, shock written on his face. There faces just inches away frome each other's.

"Listen and listen good. I, don't want to hang out, I don't want your phone number and I don't want to fucking talk to you. I want my peace. I want you to stop talking to me and stop looking at me when we ever see us again. Just leave me alone"

As he said his last words he pushed Magnus away and continued his way home.

Magnus landed on the ground with a thud and looked at Lucian's back.

Lucian just had this cold look in his eyes.

It's good to hurt others first, because then they can't hurt you.

As he made it to his house, he stopped at the door and searched for his keys. Well, he didn't have them.

"Fuck!" he shouted and kicked against the door. His father really wasn't at home. Probably with some of his colleagues. Just drinking a few beers.

He slides down the door and buries his head in his hands. "Dad's gonna be so pissed.." he said to himself and babged his head against the door.

He closed his eyes and exhaled loudly.

Well, the last thing he saw was black before he was gone.
-
(a/n hehe, I'm not gonna tell you what happened in these three weeks but you will find out throughout the book)

The three weeks are over and today is the first day Lucian is allowed to go to school again. It may sound crazy to some people but he is actually really happy.

School just sounds so good to him right now.

He looks at himself in the mirror. He's wearing plain black jeans with an also. black hoodie that even covers up his neck. No one needs to see. He ignores his bruised face, not caring any more after all this time.

At first he started to cover it up using make up, but soon after he just learned to live with it.

He went downstairs, making his way straight to the door ignoring his sleeping father on the couch.
-
As he entered the school, he felt people stare at him, hearing the talking start. He also didn't care about that anymore.

Humen are stupid. They start believing one thing another person said and the rumors start. They really think they know you. Know what you do. It's ridiculous.

He just wanted to go to his classroom, but someone bumped into him and he stumbled backwards.

It hurt.

"Look where you're going Idiot!" he growled and looked at the person who bumped into him.

And he couldn't fucking believe it.

Magnus stood there, looking kinda lost but neverless, he just smiled at Lucian.

"Sorry, i'm kinda in a hurry. We can talk later. Cool that we're going to the same school by the way"

And he left.

Lucian followed him with his eyes. He still couldn't belive this. This boy just doesn't get it.

I'm gonna show him not to mess with me. Lucian thought.

Because in his twisted mind, no one can just be nice to him.

They just want to hurt him.

That's what he believes.

So he hurts them first.
-
Hey guys, how are you?