-:- 12 -:-

~•~
-{Your POV}-
~•~
You messed up.
You lost him.
You lost everything.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The street was silent as I walked towards work.  Maybe I could go in just to play around with some instruments. I lived far away from work, but Luke's home was farther.  Maybe I could find somewhere else to go. 

I took my phone out of my pocket, which I forgot was there, and looked at my contacts. If I told Undyne or Alphys, Alphys would tell Undyne and Undyne would freak out on Sans, so definitely not them.

Josh and Luke are having their own problems, I can't bother them. Tyler is helping Josh.

I felt tears spring to my eyes, but I sucked in a breath and held my tears in. Crying would be the last thing I want to deal with, especially while I'm walking down an empty, bare road.

Taking a deep breath, I searched through my contacts for the second time before finally deciding I'm going to walk to Mount Ebott.

I turn down another road and head towards the large mountain, the clouds overhead, covering the bright, warm sun. It's as if the weather knew my emotion and wanted to feel the same way.

Great memories filled my mind as I walked faster towards the mountain that stood tall over the town. Memories of Undyne's horrid cooking lessons as Papyrus turned up the heat. Undyne even offered me cooking lessons, but declining was the only way my house wasn't burnt to ashes.

The Great, smiling, Papyrus came to mind when I ate all the disgusting spaghetti he made when I told him that my birthday was that day. His smile made up for wanting to puke all of it up. Although I did puke it up when he left for anime with Alphys.

Alphys' weird obsession with anime made me watch it with her. It wasn't as bad as I thought, at least it wasn't as bad as her lab, filled with empty cups of Raman and empty mugs. I even offered to help clean, but the next day, when I came to finish, it was filled with more empty cups. So I gave up.

Although Toriel and Asgore had many fights, Frisk and Flowey brought the two love birds had together. They knew they loved their family, as strange as the family was. They even made some amazing pies together, which I always enjoyed. I would always enjoy their pies, no matter what flavor. Even snail pie.

Frisk and Flowey were strange friends, but they acted as if they were siblings. Frisk was always so kind, even if Flowey was a little rude, at times. I'm glad they had each other. If they didn't have each other, I don't know where they'd be.

All the monsters in the Underground were wonderful friends, but the greatest friend I had (other than Papyrus) was Sans. Sans was always there for me when I had nightmares about the resets, or any nightmare in general. I never hid anything from him, he knew when I did. He was just like the best friend I never had. And I assumed we'd be perfect, but I guess I was wrong to assume.

No matter what happened as friends, everything seemed to get worse when we became a thing. I loved him with my entire heart, but it seemed like he didn't. Maybe he was scared he'd lose me, or maybe he never loved me and felt bad for me. Whatever the reason, we weren't good together. I knew I couldn't be happy.

The climb up the mountain was filled with emotion and thought, remembering all the horrible memories. Maybe this was my fate.

My thoughts snapped in half when I felt the ground below me was disappearing. When I looked down, I noticed the hole. I quickly screamed and grabbed onto the root of a tree. I hung on for life, looking up at the sun. It might be the last time that happened.

My name was called by Gaster as I smiled, realizing why this was happening. Everyone was better without me. Sans deserved better. Everyone did.

Gaster's face appeared above me, blocking the sun from my face. "(Y/n), grab my hand." Gaster laid on the ground and offered his hand to me.

Smiling, tears fell down my face. "Tell Sans I love him." I whispered before letting go. Gaster called my name as I closed my eyes. The ground was the only thing I felt before I blacked out.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"(Y/n), wake up." I felt little hands shaking my arm. "Come on, (Y/n), we need to go."

Opening my eyes, I noticed 1-S was holding my arm. 2-P was behind him, looking around. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Gaster fell into the core. We have to go." 1-S explains, helping me up.

"He What? I have to go help him!" I quickly rush off before stopping suddenly. "Sans, run to Alphys' mom. She'll take you two out of here. I'm going to save Gaster."

Before Sans could argue, I ran off to the core. The machine looked as if it was going to explode so I ran over and tried many buttons when I heard a scream. "(Y/N), RUN!" Gaster's voice filled the core as I ended up being flung backwards by the machine. Landing into the core, I saw nothing but blackness...

-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-

Word Count: 910