Two bosses?

Assalamu alaikum guys, hope all is good without further ado let's get reading

...............
Farrah's POV

I hated shopping.

Moreso, I hated people dragging me out to shop.

But the universe was hell bent on going against my likes that morning.

Figures, it needed to balance out my emotions, too much happiness never did anyone any good.

It certainly didn't do me any good.

And before anyone has the delusion that I left the comfort of my bed, stepped under the freezing cold shower, and pulled on an old, itchy gown of my own will, you couldn't be more wrong.

Remember when I said the universe was hell bent on going against me, yeah?.

My cousin was that universe.

Since I'd ratted off to her about needing to get some formal clothes for work, she's been staring at the clothes in my wardrobe with that evil glint I detested in her eyes.

And surprisingly, she dragged me out of the house to shop for some clothes. How lovely.

If you didn't note the sarcasm, you're probably not going to understand me very much.

******
We got to the shopping mall pretty late in the afternoon and it was packed. I had never been in a place with so much people before.....well, excluding my college.

But still....

I peeped into a lingerie store as we went, wondering how people actually wore those....strings.

After I saw a couple picking out some of the strings with very creepy looks exchanged with each other, I quickly left the spot I'd been standing to catch up with Fareedah.

I caught up to Fareedah just as she entered a store.

She walked up to a white woman wearing a purple turban, the colour oddly flattering against her pale skin.

'Assalamu alaikum" we greeted the lady at the counter.

Looking up at us, she smiled while replying with a "wa alaikumu salam".

" Are you Fatimah Steve?" Fareedah asked the woman, glancing down at her phone.

A look of recognition flashed across the lady's face as she answered in the affirmative.

"Fareedah Malik right?" She asked, smiling warmly at Fareedah who replied.

The lady, Fatimah, called on someone to take her place at the counter and led us inside the store to pick out some clothes.

She slung some scarfs and brooches and some long sleeved shirts in her arm, and then led us to another section.

There were formal wears lined up against the right side of the aisle, while the left had some formal-casual wears.

We picked some on both sides, and quickly headed back to the reception.

After paying, we thanked her and she surprisingly gave us both hugs muttering about 'how we Muslim women should stick together'.

We exchanged numbers and told us to visit next time, to which we nodded smilingly.

On our way out, a girl ran into us, knocking some of our bags onto the ground.

"Oh my God, I'm really sorry" She apologized, scrambling to help us pick up the bags.

"It's alright" Fareedah and I answered simultaneously, then turned to look at each other and laughed.