His eyes, Ya Allah!!

Farrah

'Restroom? Are you mad or something Farrah'.

I stared into the mirror across where I stood against a stall, and the nervousness, embarrassment, confusion and fright all came crashing back, regret crashing against me in its wake.

I groaned thinking about how that man in the office would think I was a mentally deranged woman.

Opening the tap, I sighed deeply, the swirl of the water going down the drain doing nothing to calm me down like it usually did.

I cupped some water in my palm and washed my face with it.

After some minutes contemplating whether or not I had lost my job before I'd even started, I gathered all my courage- which was almost nonexistent - and headed back to the office.

At the door, I stood for several minutes, contemplating the perfectly safe option of running away from the office and never coming back.

'But I need money' Something in me whined, imaginary lips jutted out in a pitiable pout.

I took a deep breath, knocked and turned the door knob.

I couldn't disappoint the imaginary pouty voice now could I?.

Honestly, I had no idea what was more of an issue at the moment, the very high probability that I had lost my job, or my deteriorating sanity.

"Good morning sir" I squeaked as I entered, the pouty voice whispering to me that noon had long passed.

The green-eyed, still too handsome man looked across the table to me, his furious eyes betraying the lack of emotions on his face.

"I'm taking it that that display, whatever it was, was a mistake made because of your nerves, and trusting it won't repeat it self for as long as you are under my employ" The man said, and although his voice hadn't been raised in the slightest, I felt so ashamed of myself.

I felt like a little kid being rebuked, after all the certifications that testified to my professionalism, I had gone on to make such a silly display, the thought of it caused my eyes to sting with unshed tears but I managed to pass across an apology.

"That's okay Miss Ahmed, I trust you understand what's expected of you from now on" He said, gathering the files from his table as he walked towards me.

Please be still my heart......please!.

I exhaled in relief as he passed by me, noting that he didn't have a particularly strong scent like most men did, I could catch a slight whiff of something citrus, but that was all there was.

"Come with me, Miss Ahmed" He said, making his way out of the room.

In a bid to redeem my past mistakes, I swiftly followed behind, careful to leave a respectable distance between us.

"There's a meeting with the CEO of Zenith industries, I need you to hand out some papers to the team he will be coming with" He said to me, motioning to the bag in his hand.

The papers were probably in there

"This is a very important project Miss Ahmed, i expect you'll be at your best?" He demanded questiomingly, turning to look at me for a brief moment across his shoulders.

His eyes, Ya Allah!

"Yes sir" I answered, noting mentally that I hadn't caught his name.

"Zayyad Bilaal" He said quietly.

Uhh?.

"My name" He said simply, probably understanding my silence.