Chapter 1 ~ The Story Begins

(A/N:) I thought of this idea and decided to start a new story, yup thats it. so here it goes:

                                                                                 X

Walking to his locker, A blue hedgehog waved to his friends, oblivious of the girls' dreamy stares or the envious glares of guys. He was a 6 foot tall hedgehog with slicked back quills and could move with incredible speeds. he was wearing blue jeans and a white polo shirt.

Once at his locker, his best friend came up to him and asked, "Hey Sonic, how was your winter break?"

Sonic turned to see a Yellow-Orange kitsune. He smiled at his best friend and ruffled his fur atop his head, "Great, Tails, but I think my mom gave me too much food to eat at Christmas dinner...I'm still stuffed."

They both laughed. When their laughter died down, Sonic spotted Knuckles the echidna walking through the doors.

"HEY KNUKIE!" he waved him over to them. Knuckles boiled with anger. He looked really tired, bags under his eyes and all. His hair was a little messy in some spots. He briskly walked over to the pair.

"Don't call me Knukie..." he glared at the blue speedster.

Sonic let out a loud laugh, "you look horrible!"

Tails elbowed Sonic in the gut and turned to Knuckles, "Sorry for his attitude Knuckles, he didn't really mean it," he looked over to the Blue hedgehog, "right Sonic?"

He immediately stopped laughing and saluted, "sir yes sir!"

Tails rolled his eyes, "that was stupid...so what with the hair and stuff?" tails motioned to his messy hair and eyes.

"Well my mom thought it was okay to host a family party that lasted till midnight when she knew I had school the next day."

"hah, that is amusing." Sonic laughed.

"Man you have got to stop making fun of him Sonic, he is going to fuse!" Tails sternly looked at him.

"If you don't mind," knuckles butted in, "I would like to find my girlfriend before the bell rings."

"Ah, right, Rouge. Well see ya later?" Sonic asked.

"Sure pipsqueak." he said before walking off.

"I am definitely not a pipsqueak!" sonic retorted. He spotted a pink hedgehog heading to her locker. He smirked and called her name, "Hey Amy! Over here!"

She turned her head, her quills swaying to the side, "Oh hey Sonic!"

Amy finished putting her stuff in her locker then ran over to him, giving him a big hug.

"Hey Amy take it easy, hah." Sonic and Amy have been best friends since kindergarten. That was the time when Sonic also met Tails not long after, soon enough they all become very close. They always came over to each others houses and watched movies every Friday night. It became a routine, every week someone would pick out a different movie for them to watch. The tradition lasted to now, 11th grade.

"I wish Winter break wasn't over! I just want to sit down with some hot chocolate and drink that warm chocolatey goodness...yum." Amy daydreamed. 

"Oh I would give anything to do that right now..." Tails agreed. They laughed and Cream came skipping up to them.

"Hey Amy, Sonic, Miles." She turned to her locker and put away some of her books. 

"For the last time, just call me Tails, Cream." Tails smiled at the cream colored rabbit.