Chapter 8 ~ It Just Gets Worse

(Sonic's POV)

"Shit." I mumbled to myself.

There in front of me was Sally Acorn. I had totally forgotten about walking her to school today!

"Why did you leave without me?" she asked, hands on her hips.

"Ah, I can explain-" I started to say.

"Oh I am pretty sure I know...I thought you were different!" she paused, and I could see tears in her eyes.

"W-what are you talking about?!" I asked.

"YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!" she screamed.

All the bystanders in the hallways stopped what they were doing to watch me and Sally argue. I heard Amy gasp next to me and back up behind me. Tails just slowly walked away, not wanting to get in the middle of this.

"Sally, I am sorry! I completely forgot! It won't happen again. I promise!" I looked at her pleadingly, hoping she would understand.

She sighed heavily, calming herself down, "I don't know if I can trust you..."

I took her by the arms, "Hopefully this will prove something."

I pulled her closer to me until our lips brushed. I leaned into the kiss and kissed her softly. It didn't feel special but I ignored it. It probably was because it wasn't passionate.

I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. She opened her eyes, her cheeks tinted red, "You better not forget the next time..."

I pulled her in for a hug, sighing in relief. Heh, I thought I would lose her.

I turned around to tell Amy I was going to walk Sally to class when, she wasn't there.

(Amy's POV)

"YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!" she screamed. I gasped and scooted behind Sonic for safety. Tails backed away from the fight and got out of there. I should have done the same, if it wasn't for my curiosity.

"Sally, I am sorry! I completely forgot! It won't happen again. I promise!" he looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I just don't think I can trust you..." Sally started to say.

Sonic grabbed Sally's shoulders, making me flinch. "maybe this will prove something."

Oh god no. No no no no no!!!! This cant happen! He pulled her closer till their lips brushed against each other. I held my breath as I watched them lean into the kiss.

My head started to spin and I felt sick. Oh god not this again. I slowly and quietly backed away, shaking my head. This can't be happening...it just can't be!

They pulled away and stared into each others eyes so lovingly, so caring, it made me feel useless. Why can he look at ME like that... She is everything, I'm not. No wonder he loves her.

Once I got a good distance away, I turned on my heel and ran for it. I couldn't let Sonic or Sally see me like that. I went to the only person who will understand, Drake.

I dashed down the hallway, looking for any sign of Drake. I turned every corner, opened every door. Till I finally found him, leaning against his locker.

"Drake!" I called after him. His head snapped in my direction as I ran over to him.

"Hey Amy..." he sighed as he looked at me then back at the ground.

I walked next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "You sure you still on this dating thing?"

He looked at me from the corner of his eye, "Of course, anything to get Sally. I love her"

He smiled weakly as he explained the last part. I sighed, "Well we have to try harder because it really isn't working."

I pursed my lips in thought as Drake pushed off from the wall he was leaning against, "Better start now..."

He walked over to me and grabbed my hand in his. It didn't feel the same as when I held Sonic's hand but, that's a good sign. I smiled as we walked down the hall to English. "It's just, this morning, I had to witness them...k-kissing..."

I felt the tears prick at my eyes as I thought of it. All this is coming at me so fast, I don't want to lose him this quickly. Drake sent me a sympathetic smile as we walked further down the hall.

"It will be okay, we will make it through..." He reassured me. I sighed and decided to smile, hoping that no one would notice all the crazy things I have gone through these past 4 days. I walked into class, still holding hands with Drake.

At least I had someone in this school who would understand....

~~~~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~~~~

Yush! Not that long of a wait! HAH! I feel proud of myself! :3

This is Sonamyjewelkatefan signing off saying, "HAVE A FRABJOUS DAY! :D"

Sonic and Co. (c) Sega and Sonic Team

Story Plot and Drake (c) meh.

:3