Chapter 4

Chanyeol's POV

Jinse just ran away after taking a glance on her wristwatch, to which I guessed was her house. She left me dumbfounded while standing outside the cinema. When I finally came back to my senses, I realized what was going on. I hurriedly went to my motorcycle, wore my helmet and took off to search for her. The usual road she always took.. was a road full of stupid drunkards.

Jinnie was sitting beside me, on a swing. It was our favorite place, not to mention our secret hang out place. It's not that secretive, actually. We just like to see it that way. We were having fun talking, and she suddenly said something that really shocked me.

"I think I like you, Yeollie ah~"

She was giving me a sheepish smile, which I thought was the cutest smile I'd ever seen. I didn't know what to say. My heart made a flip as she mentioned my name adorably. I smiled back and reached my hand out, motioning her to hold it. But the moment was disturbed when she received a call from her mom.

She quickly rose up from the swing and ran away, disappearing in the dark night. I sighed. As I kicked pebbles around the swing out of boredom, I saw a ring on the ground. It was Jinse's, so I ran after her. The scene which I could never erase from my memory, was when I saw a few ahjussis approaching her, my Jinnie.

They looked drunk and was about to tore off her shirt. I was furious. My hands turned into fists. Gathering all the courage I had in me, I screamed my lungs out and stormed to her. Hugging her with the means to protect her.

The drunk ahjussis laughed so loud, and kicked me several times. I was doing my best to protect Jinnie, that magically, I didn't feel any pain. Jinnie cried in my embrace and thanked me repeatedly, mumbling something I could never forget. Minutes later, the police siren was heard and the ahjussis ran their way off. Turned out, a passerby saw us and called the police.

As I arrived home and got treated, I lay down on my bed while grinning like an idiot, thinking about the words she mumbled.

"Yeollie ah..*sobs* when I grow up..*sobs* I will become stronger..*sobs* and protect you with all my might..*sobs* no matter what happens."

Since that day, I'd never heard of her ever again, until we met once more in the same room during our junior high school years..as different persons.

Jinse's POV

I was quickening my running speed when a motorbike screeched sideways in front of me, stopping me from walking away. The man was wearing a helmet which made me unable to see his face. Feeling scared, I changed my direction and started walking fast past the man. But he left his bike and stepped closer, then held me tight by my wrist while infuriatingly said, "where do you think you're going??"

I was very, very afraid. My feet trembled. The cold night wind blew past me, making me shiver in fright. What is he trying to do? Without thinking about it further, I elbowed him in the stomach. I was about to run away, when, a familiar deep voice yelled out in a pissed tone.

"Aish, again??!"

He placed his hands on the spot I hit and collapsed on the street. Recognizing the voice somehow, I immediately rushed towards him and unclasped the helmet before pulling it out, revealing Chanyeol. He was wincing in so much pain that I started panicking.

"Chanyeol-ah! OMG, I'm so terribly sorry! What should I do..? Uh..argh..! How much do you weigh, can I carry you..uhm..." I kneeled down and tried carrying the still in pain Chanyeol. "what if I drive you home with your motorbike? Will th--"

A hand gripped on my wrist. "Calm down. just let me walk you home," he said while groaning. I helped him get up and wrapped his arms on my shoulder to steady his feet.

"But what about baby--I mean your motorbike?"

"Just leave it here."

"But what if he got stolen?"

"Yah, what is more important to you, the motorcycle or my ribs?" he growled.

"Both........?"

"Yah!" he yelled,annoyed.

"I know it belonged to your father."

He looked at me surprised. He paused for a minute before replying. "You remembered?"

I nodded eagerly. He chuckled at my response. We silently walked to his house. With his motorbike on his left hand and his right hand on me. It was a complete silence, that I decided to break it. "How can I forget those big elf-like ears?" I teased and stuck my tongue out playfully.

He laughed.

"You've changed a lot,though," I continued.

"You too."

I sighed inwardly. He was once again right. I've changed a lot, but I still had the same heart. But somehow colder and darker. Maybe.

"Thank you," he said.

"For what?"

"For keeping your promise," he stated with a smile.

I was confused. I was gonna ask him another question but I was two seconds late. We arrived in front of his house and I helped him in. I put his motorbike back to where it belonged, then went in to his not so big house to see a beautiful old woman sitting in the living room watching TV. I greeted her, bowed 90 degrees to show my respect and went to search for the first aid kit.

I knocked Chanyeol's room. No sound was heard from the inside. I slowly opened the door and peeked in. He was sleeping ever so soundly, I decided not to disturb him. I tiptoed into his room quietly, left the box with a note I wrote on top of it on his room floor, and went out. I bade his grandmother goodbye and walked home. Just as I was stepping in,

"Jinse?! Is that you??" My mom shouted. I'm dead..

I explained everything, hoping that she would calm down. She then continued nagging about how I shouldn't have stayed out late until I got into my room. I plopped myself onto my bed, and stared at the ceiling. Chanyeol..yeol......Yeollie. The promise..THE PROMISE! I slapped my head in embarrassment, thinking about the ridiculous promise I made him years ago.

Argh! How could I..why did I..Aish..how can I face him tomorrow?

Chanyeol's POV

I woke up early, like any other day I would. I stretched lazily but the pain came back. As I was getting out of bed carefully, I saw a first aid kit box with a note on top of it. The note has her scent, which made me smile. I read the note.

Yah, you giant sleepyhead! Haha...
You were asleep so I left you this note.
Sorry for hitting you three times.. on the same spot.
I hope you'll get better...and not die, kkk.
If the pain is too much, please go to the hospital. I'll pay for you.
Call me as soon as you wake up. Take care~ 010-xxxx-xxxx

-Jinnie-