Chapter 6

Chanyeol's POV

It'd been a week since she was absent from school. I hadn't heard anything about her. I couldn't reach her either. Neither could the teachers. I had no idea where she was. She wouldn't pick up her phone and her house was also unoccupied. This was getting serious.

At first, I thought she was sick or something. The following day, she was still not present. The thoughts of the incident last time popped, until I went to her house only to realize that it was empty. I started to get worried, and searched everywhere for her. Her favorite ramen shop, the mall, even the swings. But she was nowhere to be seen.

She had never skipped school, not even once. I went up to the rooftop and stared at the sky. Where are you, Jinse yah? I..miss you.

I woke up late today. Argh, I didn't want to be late to school. I ran as fast as I can. Thankfully, the security guard waited for me. I smiled and bowed to him before I continued running to class. As I got into the class, which the teacher hadn't entered into yet, I saw Jinse sitting quietly. Too quiet. But I was a bit happy.

After two weeks of not attending school, she finally came. I was so relieved that I could see her again. But something caught my eyes. She was covered in egg yolk and other beverages. It had never happened before. She was the most feared student, yet she was bullied?

Third person's POV

As soon as she got home from school that day when they got punished for being late to class, Jinse did her usual stuffs, throwing her bag on the sofa, and lying down on her bed with earphones plugged in. It was Friday anyways, so that meant no school tomorrow.

Her mother suddenly barged into her room, and removed her earphones. Getting pissed, Jinse raised her voice a little, saying, "what are you doing mom?"

Her mom hit her hand playfully, resulting a fake cry from her, saying that it hurt. Yeah, they were quite a happy family, despite her bad attitudes and their family fights. They liked to joke and play around, but most importantly, they loved each other.

"Yah, stop it and listen. Appa finally decided that we should go for a family trip tomorrow!" she excitedly announced.

Jinse jumped for joy, and probably squeak softly, because she couldn't sustain her happiness. "Omo, really?? It's been awhile since we did that! Where are we going?"

"To...drumroll please," Jinse rolled her eyes but hit her thighs as if they were drums anyways, "JEJU ISLAND!"

They cheered together, and for once in a lifetime, her father came in and the three of them hugged each other. They prepared for the trip which made joy in their family that night and went to bed early. They had to leave early tomorrow.

The next morning, there was a ruckus everywhere around the house. Checking on what had they brought, and what did they left behind. She wore a white crop top with short jeans and sneakers. Soon, the preparations were ready and they locked the house, then went inside the car. The engine started and her father drove to their destination. On the long way, they chatted happily about their plans on what they should do later at Jeju Island.

However the excitement was halted, when a reckless drunk driver drove on their lane all of a sudden, which caused Jinse's father to make a quick turn but the road they were on was too narrow. They all screamed in fear. Unfortunately, luck was not with them.

The car drove into a lake after a few spins and hits, and by that time, the whole harmonious family were unconscious.

Witnesses stopped their car, and some even called the ambulance. The three of them were rescued and brought into the truck. Sadly, her parents didn't make it. They died while on their way to the hospital, leaving their daughter in such a devastating state, wondering in her dreams whether she would still live or die.

Chaos happened in the hospital as she was brought in. As she had a worrisome health on the line with deep cuts and such, she was immediately operated by the surgeons. She was described to have wounds inside her brain, which could cause harm to her other body parts.

What pained her more, was, after 13 days in coma, she woke up to find out that she had lost her sight. The accident didn't only take her family away from her, but also her ability to see the world. She cried her heart out, not able to digest the problem she was facing. She had lost her family, and now, she had no one to rely on anymore, especially when she was blind.

Jinse's grandparents had passed away, and her parents had no siblings whatsoever. No one could take care of her, not even her parents' friends nor her neighbors. She was completely helpless and lonely. Alone in her enormous house for the rest of her life.

She put all effort in adjusting to the dark world. I guess... I guess.. This is the situation I have to be in. I'm sure that everything will be fine..well..I wish.

She stayed in bed and closed her eyes. Desperately trying to sleep. I should be strong... No...I have to be strong.. A tear dropped on her pillow and soon became tears which flooded her cheeks and bed. In the end, she cried herself to sleep. Eomma, appa.... Just take me with you...

The next morning, she woke up feeling extremely tired. Her head was throbbing. She walked into the bathroom and took a shower. She had always been organized, so it was easier for her as she knew exactly where her items were located. Including her uniforms.

She limped downstairs, supporting herself on the walls. Reaching out for the pills, she dropped a plate onto the cold floor. Shocked, she unknowingly stepped on the shards and hurt her foot.

She winced in pain and tried to walk out of the scattered glass shards on the floor, just to step on another. As she couldn't take it anymore, she had a mental breakdown and slid down to sit on the floor, hugging her knees and cried once more. I have to be strong...

Feeling that she had already cried enough, she got up slowly. She got a wet rag and cleaned her wounds, then grabbed her school bag and her phone. She frustratedly and reluctantly walked to school,with the help of her walking stick.

She knew she couldn't study like she normally would, but she wanted to try. At least, if she managed to survive and graduate the last year of high school and college, she could still look for jobs with her diploma and make a living for herself.

It was a good thing that school was only 10 minutes away from her house, otherwise it would have been worse.

Eyes were glued on her when the entire school saw her enter the school with a stick. Presumptions were made, and they declared her as the blind freak in high school. Instead of pity, hatred was what they felt towards her.

During her absence, Hae Jin took her place. Well, more like stole. The students were scared of what she might do because they had been on Jinse's side, but Hae Jin thought everything through. She played innocent and considerate towards them, hypocrisy written all over her face. The students started spreading rumors, and now they had come to hate Jinse.

They should've picked Hae Jin from the start, they thought.

"Heol, the she killer have become a she loser"

"She was totally burdensome being blind, but still dared to come to school"

"What a bitch"

"Hae Jin would be much better without her"