Chapter 2

Jinse's POV

The bell rang, indicating that school had ended. I slumped towards the detention room, and sat on a table. The teacher assigned to watch over me had something important to do, and because she completely trusted me, she left the room. I took out my phone and called my mom, telling her that I wouldn't be able to come home quick today.

"Hello, mom? Yeah, so you see, I was sent to detention, so--"
"No, it was nothing serious."
"No,it's not. It's--"
"Hell no, I didn't! I was late."
"Trust me, I didn't! Really!"
"I ate well today."
"Okay,see you later!"

I ended the call. I properly sat on my chair and rested my head on the table. I was looking for a comfortable posture when I turned my head to my right side, revealing a boy sitting next to me. I quickly sat up straight, curious about his being here. Also, had he been hearing my conversation was another question wondered by my precious brain. I stayed silent for a while, trying to search for a great topic to start a conversation, since we're both gonna be bored from doing nothing. I decided to do nothing.

I leaned my head on my hands, lowering them to the table. I was closing my eyes when a hand tapped my shoulders. I looked up to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was him. And he was smiling ever so brightly towards me, making my eyebrows twitch. Not to mention my sleepy face. "Hey," he greeted.

Park Chanyeol. The famous school Kingka. Girls like Hae Jin would fall for him with just a glance, well, except me, of course. He's perfect in every way. Sporty, kind-hearted, cute, smart, everything. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a small crush on him. Wait, what was I saying again? I didn't have a crush on him. I was too lazy to even think about those stuffs. But, most importantly, I hated him.

He was so diligent that it was impossible for me to beat him. He was always ranked first, while I was the second. And, he was always taking the students' side every time I played a prank on them or argued with them. He was like, my biggest enemy, after Hae Jin. We never had a talk, though. A private talk, which was about to start now.

"What?" I replied nonchalantly.

"Nothing. Why were you sent here?" he asked with a genuine smile. Seriously?

"Late."

"Oh. Well, I was sent here because I broke the window. You see--"

I never knew he was so talkative. "Save it for someone who cares," I cut off his trivial explanation. He stopped talking and walked back to his seat, staying quiet before opening his fucking mouth once more. "Your mom seems nice."

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed.

"At least you have her. I live with my grandmother after my parents died," he said with a sad face. Normally, I would just get mad at him for telling me things I didn't care about, but what he just said hit the soft spot inside my cold, dark heart. I started sympathizing towards him for his lost.

"Sorry. I didn't know. Since when?"

"Since I was a 5-year-old kid," he answered.

"Aww, you must have been lonely."

"Nah, my grandma brought me up with lots of care and love. That's why I always study as hard as I can, trying to make her proud. And that seems to be pissing you off, doesn't it?" he smirked.

"W-woah. Why would I-I be pissed?" I stuttered nervously. How did he know?

"Because you're always second," he bragged with a teasing smirk. Being the short-tempered one, I punched his stomach as lightly as I can. It's not that I wanted to hurt him, cause what he just said was true. But he started whimpering in pain while holding his stomach. I was totally shocked. I stood up from my seat and walked closer to his, panicking.

Oh, what the hell should I do?! I didn't mean to kill him. It was a light punch! "Yah Chanyeol! Are you okay?? Did it hurt a lot?" I hesitated whether to bring him to the school clinic or not. When I held his back, trying to ease his pain, he swiftly turned his head to me and..

"BOO!!!" he shouted, making me jump and scream like a girl. I AM a girl, but if I was startled, I would usually either blurt out nonsense or curse or scream with a kinda manly voice. Rarely would I hysterically scream like a girl. So, it was an unusual case to both of us. "Looks like you're a girl too," he mocked while laughing.

"SHUT UP! Aish, I really thought that you were hurt..!" I hissed.

I was blushing so hard right then. I hurriedly went back to my seat and frowned. He, who noticed my behavior, approached me and apologized. He was now in front of my table. "But it actually hurts a lot,you know, because of the kick someone gave me this morning," he sarcastically spoke.

I was confused at first. I thought he was referring to someone else, but I slowly realized what he was talking about. I gulped remembering the boy I bumped into this morning, when I was running towards my class. I recalled kicking him hard on the stomach. Was it...him..?

"It was..you?" I asked, feeling guilty.

"Mmmhmm," he hummed.

I looked to the other side avoiding his gaze and said, "I guess I'm... Erhm.. Sorry..?"

"You guess?"

"Alright, I'm sorry. I was in a hurry, and I didn't mean to kick you hard. Are you okay? Did you get yourself treated?" I faced him. I was worried about him for no reason. Maybe it was guilt that made me care for him.

"I'm okay. I didn't get myself treated though, I was also in a hurry. But I'm okay, the pain will go away anytime soon," he replied with his charming smile. Wait, charming? More like repulsive..erhm, forget it.

"Are you sure? What if I accidentally broke your ribs as well?"

"Then you'll have to pay."

"How much?"

"Not with money," he smirked. Why is he smirking?

"W-with..wha-what?" I stuttered while thinking of the worst possibilities. *gulped*

"Will you be mine?"