Chapter 3

Jinse's POV

Oh..thank god it's not what I thought. Oh..WHAT???!!

Chanyeol's POV

Where did that came from?? My heart was beating so fast. Argh this is bad...really bad.. She looks really shocked. Think of something, come on...

"I-I was just joking, haha.." I lied. "My ribs are fine,so don't feel bad," I reassured her.

"Good thing your ribs are fine. So I can break them into pieces!" she stood up in an instance. She glared at me with her stunning big brown eyes. Let me rephrase, she glared at me with her eyes. She walked out of her table right in front of me, still glaring. She's..scary. I backed out from her after I saw her hands forming into fists. Not knowing, my back hit the teacher's desk. No more escape...

She went nearer and her fist was now in the air. I covered my face with both my palms as a defense and shut my eyes, mentally preparing myself for bruises around my whole body. All of a sudden, she started laughing. "What a coward!" she teased. I chortled.

"Yah.." I said in defeat. She was still laughing.

We went back to our respective seats. Again, silence. She laid her head down, trying to sleep. She then faced me, her head still on the table. A smirk crept to her adorable face. "You should have seen your face just now." I could see that she was holding in her laughter. I chuckled. Thinking back what my reaction was just now, it was funny.

"You know, you're not as bad as they think you are."

She sighed frustrated before turning her head to the other side. "You know nothing.." She mumbled softly.

"Are you free this evening?" I asked.

She sat up. "Um,yeah. Why?"

"Do you wanna go grab some snacks or go watch a movie? I heard that there's a new horror movie premiering today. The store I'm working at is closed today, so I have nothing to do."

"You work?"

"Well, yeah. I work part time in a café. So?"

"I also have no plans today, so okay. Whatever," she answered blankly.

I glanced at the clock. 3:07 p.m. "Great. Meet you at the park near school at 4. See you!" I said while walking out from the class waving my hand.

"Wait, you can go now?"

"My detention hours are up. When's yours?"

"I still have till 4.. I guess I'm gonna be late."

"I'll wait for you. The movie starts at 5. Bye!"

I exited the class and headed home. What should I wear? Should I match myself up to her standard? The bad boy style, I thought. As I got home, I took out a black leather jacket and a pair of somewhat torn jeans from my wardrobe. I wore a white t-shirt inside the jacket. I messed my hair a bit to give the hoodlum look. Nice.

I checked the garage and found the motorcycle my father used to ride with my mom. I sighed. Why did they leave me so soon?

After excusing myself, I left my grandma alone inside the house and rode the motorcycle. I arrived at the park. 4:30. Jinse was still not here. I'd been waiting for thirty minutes now. A few seconds later, I saw her walking closer to me as if it was cued. She was wearing a dress. With a cute ribbon. And it was baby blue colored. What. Happened. She looked gorgeous. And girly, especially. My jaw dropped at her presence.

"I know. Ridiculous, isn't it? My mom had always bought me feminine clothes. I hate them,but she bought them anyways," she chuckled. "Close your mouth."

"Ah, yeah. Sorry, " I said, rubbing my nape awkwardly. "The movie hasn't started yet. Do you want me to buy us ice creams?" I offered.

"Sure."

As I was walking to the ice cream stand, she gasped and wowed. I was about to look around when she exclaimed excitedly, "omo, you look so hot. I think I'm falling for you right now!" My cheeks were crimson red. I didn't look at her. However, I stopped on my tracks, hoping for more compliments. Smirking.

"Can I call you baby? Aww, you're much more better than my baby." Baby? I blushed harder. Even if it was cheesy, too cheesy. But I could feel my heart pounding, and shivers were sent down my spine. My back was still facing her, when, "I wish I could sit and ride on you, baby~" she seduced.

If it was possible, my face turned even redder than before. This time, she was way over the limits. I turned around and stormed to her. "What?! Yah! Are you drunk?! How can..what is wrong with you?!" I yelled.

"Okay,okay! What are you so cranky about?! Guess I'll see you around, baby.." she pouted while placing her hands on...the...motorcycle. It all made sense. I was too stupid to even think that she liked me. Embarrassed..was what I felt. She was talking to the motorcycle, not you, knucklehead.

"Where's the ice cream, by the way?" she snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, right, ice creams, be right back."

I walked back to the ice cream stand and mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking? I was standing in front of the ice cream stand, thinking of what flavor would she prefer, when she ran to my side and enthusiastically mouthed chocolate in the cutest way possible. How can a fighter representing the students be this cute?

We enjoyed our ice cream while heading towards the cinema. The movie was about to start, so I grabbed her hands and ran inside the theatre. I already bought the ticket while waiting for her just now, so we can immediately go in.

Two days ago, I was wondering about asking her out. And when we were alone in the detention room, I thought it was the perfect time. It'd been a while since we hung out together. Like, 10 years ago. Before she started being the tough girl at school.

Her house was three houses away from mine, and we used to play together in the playground nearby, sitting on swings and laughing at random stuffs. But now, she barely remembered me and only saw me as her enemy in studying. Haa..Jinse yah.. Where did that little girl go?

Jinse's POV

What? We're not buying any tickets? How are we supposed to ge-- whoa. He bought them? When did he? Aish,shut up. He probably bought them when I was busy picking myself and outfit earlier. What can I say? He was the first guy I approved of taking me out. Well, practically not on a date, but, my heart really fluttered as he asked me out to hang out.

But movies and ice creams seem a little bit couple-ish..? Moreover, what's with the outfit? It doesn't look anything like him. Neither does my baby. I mean his cool vintage hot rod motorbike *ehem* I mean his motorbike. Riding it would feel like heave-- anyways. Is he always like that?

As I finally snapped out of my thoughts, I soon realized that I hadn't been paying attention to the first part of the horror movie and that he was squeezing my hand the entire time. I released my hand from his and focused my attention on the movie. Just then, a ghost popped out in the screen and I shrieked in terror together with the other audiences. I started regretting the fact that I agreed watching that movie with him without thinking twice.

I suddenly felt an arm wrapping me, pulling me closer to his embrace. I looked up and found Chanyeol smiling while his eyes still fixated on the screen. He was having a slight tint of pink in his cheeks. I giggled a bit at his reaction, making him face me. His eyes met mine and I was having the feelings in my stomach again. Maybe I was hungry.

But the thought of me being a sorta school bully made me remove his hands away from me, with a flustered look plastered on my face. He muttered a sorry and bowed his head a little.

The movie ended, giving me a huge relief that I wouldn't be seeing those creepy ghosts anymore. I waved goodbye and hurriedly ran home without taking a glance at his response. Yeah, I like running. Besides, it was already dark and I didn't want to see some random drunk people yammering around the streets. And my mom would be mad if she knew I was coming home late. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.