Chapterl21

Chapterl21

Alyssa Payne

            The kiss. The kiss between Michael and I was perfect; it seemed as if his lips ere made for mine. “You must think that I am the weirdest person you ever met now,” said Michael, looking down.

            I used my hand and brought Michael’s chin so I could see his face, which was unreadable.

            “Michael, it’s okay; I actually loved it,” I replied with a smile. His eyes brightened with hope. “Alyssa, ever since I first saw you, I knew that I wanted to be with you,” he began. “But then, I knew that I couldn’t because you were with Harry, and-“

            I looked around to make sure no one else was there, such as paparazzi. “The truth is,” I said, leaning in to a whisper. “Harry and I aren’t really dating; it’s only for publicity.”

            “Really?” he asked, with a small smile. He got on his knees and held a crown made out of flowers. “I know that this might be too hipster for you,” he said with a laugh. “But Alyssa Payne, would you want to be my girlfriend?”

            Memories from when Harry asked me the exact same question at Lou’s party, except it has been done so with a ring.

            I realized that I needed to forget about it; it was for my own good.

            I bent my head down to meet at his level. “It would be my honor, Mr. Clifford.”

** 

            “No no no no no,” pleaded Niall. “There is no way in God’s name am I going to strip for you guys.”

            “Oh no,” spoke Arianna sarcastically. “Because I was so looking forward to seeing you naked.”

            Niall gazed at Ari. “Please. You’d swoon over my nakedness.”

            “Nakedness is not a thing, and never will be,” retorted Arianna.

            “Whatever,” said Liam, “next question.”

            “Lucy wants to know ‘What would Harry do if he wasn’t in One Direction?”

            Their attention turned towards Harry, who was quietly texting in the corner. “Well, if I wasn’t in One Direction, I would be a baker.”

            “Yeah,” said Arianna. “If it weren’t for you guys, Harry would be making sweets for everyone. So, on behalf of all of those who like to eat sweets; thank you.”

            Harry’s eyebrows furrowed. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

            “Nothing,” spoke Arianna, “absolutely nothing,” she muttered.

Ignoring her cocky comment, he left the area he was currently in, and pulled out his phone again.

            He tapped on Alyssa’s phone number and called her. Placing the device closer to his ear, he listened to see if she would pick up.

            “Hello, this is Alyssa Payne. I’m either really busy or just ignoring you. You know what to do after the beep.” The usual beep sound played and Harry cleared his throat.

            “Hey, um, Aly,” spoke Harry, scratching his neck. “I was wondering where you were, since you haven’t been here all night. The boys, Ari, and I are making a livestream right now and I hope we can see you soon. Okay, bye.” Pressing the end button, he made a loud sigh.