The Awakening

Start writing your story

Chapter one

            "For Heavens sake, Henry, stop laughing!"

Elizabeth knew that if Henry didn't stop goofing around now they were both going to be in serious trouble. They weren't even allowed to be down this hall it was for royals only. Though Elizabeth usually got let off with just a slap on the wrist she didn't know what would happen to Henry. Oh Henry wonderful foolish Henry, always screwing around and trying to get Elizabeth in trouble. Though doing this usually just ended with Henry getting in trouble and Elizabeth having to get him out of it.

"Oh lighten up Elizabeth you and me together we are invincible."

"Is that so Mr. Abraham?"

Elizabeth felt a tremor travel up her spine at the sound of one of the king's guards. Elizabeth and Henry both slowly turned around to face the guard silently praying that it wouldn't be Chadwick, the kings head guard, but much to Elizabeth's chagrin it was of course, Chadwick. 

"Oh hi Chadwick we were just um heading to see if the kitchen staff needed any help and we heard this was a shorter route..." Elizabeth quickly tried to defuse the situation with a not so well thought out plan, but to no avail Chadwick only stepped closer to Elizabeth.

"Mr. Abraham report back to your chambers I will be there soon to deliver your punishment.' Henry made eye contact with Elizabeth to see if she would be alright alone. However before Elizabeth could even give the slightest of nods a booming voice screamed out "Now Mr. Abraham!"  Henry walked away hatefully praying Elizabeth would be fine.

"Look Chadwick I'm so-"before she could finish her apology Chadwick has come three strides closer and yanked her by her wrist.

"Ms. Goodwin I know everyone in this castle lets you off the hook, due to the kings fondness of you, but I however am not to keen on playing favorites. That is of course unless you are willing to play favorites with me." Chadwick said with a sly smile on his face.

Elizabeth could feel her whole body shake with disgust. She immediately tried to writhe out of Chadwick's hold, but all he did was hold her tighter and pull her body to match the form of his. This angered Elizabeth and caused her to feel an amount of rage she had never felt before. She thought about  Chadwick in an enormous amount of pain, and suddenly Chadwick's grip on her hand was immediately gone, left with only a slight trace of a bruise on her wrist. Elizabeth was ripped from her thoughts as she heard shouts of agony and looked down to see Chadwick writhing in pain and his skin looking like it was being burned by an invisible force.

Elizabeth screamed at the sight and looked around for anyone to help. She ran down the corridor and out onto the main staircase shouting at the top of her lungs for help, guards came running from all directions to see what was happening. She directed them to Chadwick where he was no longer being burned but was still quite obviously in pain. The guards carried Chadwick to the castles doctor, where he would be later pronounced... with third degree burns to his face and right arm. Amidst all of the drama Elizabeth was swept away by her grandmother Amelia.

Authors Note: To anyone whose reading this short snippet I apologize that this isn't actually a full chapter but I was hoping that maybe at least one person would see this and help me decide whether or not to continue writing this story. I started this story in 2014 I believe I was 15 at the time so its not great. I just didn't want to keep writing if it was unnecessary. Thank you!